Can Lpa go up temporarily while on Pauling Therapy?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can Lpa go up temporarily while on Pauling Therapy?

Post Number:#1  Post by Cobraman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:01 pm

This may be more of a direct question to Owen, but others may have some personal experience w/ this. Can Lpa go up temporarily from Pauling therapy due to Lpa being liberated from arterial plaque? And if so what is the range of time for this increase to stabilize and normalize?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Can Lpa go up temporarily while on Pauling Therapy?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am

We tried to find out - once - paying people who were on or starting Tower Heart Technology. And it seemed to spike, maybe the tests were six months apart. But we didn't publish because it turns out that if you have tests run at different labs - there is really no way to compare the numbers, (and we also learned that big testing firms, such as the big Q - computes, and does not measure Lp(a)). So our mistake was not relying on one lab for all testing.

Having said that, I still remember the medical school professor who discovered on his own, that vitamin C and lysine dropped his elevated Lp(a) by 30% in six months. This is about the number reported in the literature for vitamin C. Then he added proline, but forgot the next six month test. When he had the next test done, some 18 months later, his Lp(a) was zero! Then he called me, and while this is from memory here, the accurate story is in my book.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Cobraman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 am

Mine has appeared to spike despite trying to do all the right things. Only been on Pauling therapy for 3 months so I will be happy to provide a case study of a motivated person at 6 months, etc. Don't know for sure w/ lpa because first Cholesterol test was traditional test. Will be doing vap from here on out to get consistent numbers.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 pm

What we know! The liver produces LP(a) a very sticky substance in response to damage done somewhere within the vascular walls. LP(a) has a great affinity to L-Lysine meaning it will attach to L-Lysine before it attaches to anything else. LP(a) is the first line glue that starts the cascade of events that leads to plaque build up or can be referred to as bandaging a injury of the vascular system. Dr. Pauling has taught us that L-Lysine causes LP(a) to lose it’s stickiness by giving it the equivalent of a Teflon coat which is then returned to the liver for out processing and not regeneration because it has been rendered useless by the L-Lysine attachment.

To your question, if starting PT which contains a good dose of L-Lysine can it cause a spike in LP(a)? It’s my belief that it would for the following reasons.
The Liver produces LP(a) in response to a signal received by something going on in the stream. If LP(a) is being kept from doing it’s job and the signals are still being received by the liver, it will produce a excess amount till the signal is stopped by the healing of the damage. Thank you Vitamin C! Now the liver cannot compare or ID the returning LP(a) nor reprocess it because of it’s attachment to the L-Lysine making it a useless lipid. This would give the liver the impression the damage needs more since none are returning. This demand and production will continue until the signal has subsided. This is important! Dr. Pauling said “Don’t stop taking his therapy
y! Not even for a single day!!” I think you can see why he said this if you take the lysine out of the equation the excess LP(a) would collect on the damaged area before the Therapy could heal it. Leaving it a progressing glob of goo! For lack of a better description. Then you would have to work twice as hard to clean it up IF POSSIBLE.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”