Does Tumeric inhibit of interfere with vitamin K?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Does Tumeric inhibit of interfere with vitamin K?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am

I am interested in the Pauling therapy for heart and in looking over their recommendations concerning blood thinning meds specifically they mention coumadin (warfarin sodium) may interfere with vitamin K or any of Paulings therapy.

my question is does Tumeric interfere with the benefits of Vitamin K? I was taking tumeric as a cleansing herb and may just stop but would like to continue if there is no evidence or understanding of properties that would inhibit K.

And yes I am working with physicians too, I have a possible valve leak, going to look at it in about a week by cardiologist, not an emergency according to GP. Odd though, fit, trim, exercise regularly, last year no problem s, this year, murmur, stress the killer doc told me, lay off it.

Thank you
Scott

Unknown but someone at our forum may know more about tumeric.

(It has been reported at our forum that vitamin K2 does not interfere with these drugs, and is quite necessary for heart patients.) The idea would be to get off the drugs.

And you didn't mention your vitamin C intake??
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does Tumeric inhibit of interfere with vitamin K?

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 am

Didn't find anything here:
Turmerik

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Tumeric contains vitamin K according to LIVESTRONG.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/13148 ... -turmeric/

Which makes sense because Tumeric is on the NONO List for Rat poison(Warfarin).
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

clipper1

Post Number:#4  Post by clipper1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:00 pm

I have been taking curcumin (the extracted active portion of tumeric) for several months, approximately 5, as the reduction of inflamation is very important to repair of heart damage. From what I have been told by cardio-specalist and others, the build-up of inflamation is primary cause of infarctions.
I have read a great deal about curcumin and the reactions inside the human body and haven't found any contra-indications metioned in relation to heart or other organs. I'm presently taking cardio-C and Lypo-Spheric C along with other
phytonutrents and curcumin and haven't noticed any adverse reactions at all.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”