Acidity of lysine, Osteoarthritis Despite 2 gm vit C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Acidity of lysine, Osteoarthritis Despite 2 gm vit C

Post by ofonorow » Sat May 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Dear Owen R. Fonorow

After taking vitamin c with Lysine hydrochloride sometimes there is acidity problem. Is it due to lysine hydrochloride ? What is advisable-using lysine base or lysine hydrochloride ?

I am having osteoarthritis in spite of taking 2 gms of vitamin c everyday.

Should i increase the dose ? Please advise.

Regards

dr.b.

Perhaps try sodium ascorbate - or add some baking soda to the vitamin C/lysine drink. (If you take pills, it shouldn't matter - since the stomach is designed for a highly acidic environment. The cells are protected.)

Usually the acid reflux reaction is outside the stomach, i.e. at the bottom of the throat (esophagus) because these cells cannot tolerate the acid as well. So again, your options are pills/capsules - or to buffer the vitamin C before you swallow.

I doubt the form of lysine is the problem.

And yes, I would increase to bowel tolerance to see how that affects your arthritis. See: http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

And Dr. Brownstein blames an infectious agent for much o-arthritis, and is able to treat it with an IV antibiotic. See his book on Arthritis at drbrownstein.com
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”