Risk of plaque breaking loose while on Pauling therapy?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

dboyd98

Risk of plaque breaking loose while on Pauling therapy?

Post Number:#1  Post by dboyd98 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:13 pm

I haven't seen this subject discussed here [but I am new to the forum].

Does anyone know if there has ever been anyone that had plaque break loose causing a stroke while using the pauling therapy?

I went on the Pauling therapy within one month of the angiogram that said I had coronary artery blockage and calcification (the 2nd cardiologist, however, said the angiogram was "fuzzy+unclear" and of poor quality). I am also adhering pretty closely to the Dean Ornish reversal program. If it was not for the stomach pain, etc that bp drugs cause me, I would
say I feel better on pauling therapy (although I had no pain before starting it).

I keep wondering how much risk there is from a plaque breakage point of view...AND if there is anything I can do to lessen the risk.

My first cardiologist wanted to "stabilize" my plaque using statins (I have to admit I am very skeptical of such statements made by doctors). But, I read (on this forum, I think) that use of statins is one possible reason for failure of the pauling therapy. So, I refused statins (and for other reasons too). I also refused stents...I wanted to give the pauling therapy the best
possible chance to reverse my blockage and let me keep my God-given plumbing.

BACKGROUND NOTES:
1) For at least the past 20 years, I have eaten no trans-fats, have supplemented with flaxseed oil+lowfat cottage cheese, taken a full complement of antioxidants (but not much vit C) and worked out. I am now 71.
2) I am using Heart Tech by Tower Labs at 6000mg/day...which seems to be about how much my stomach can stand (exacerbated by bp drugs or vice versa)...no bowel tolerance problems however.
3) Now, I am walking briskly 30 minutes per day and doing some weight workout for upper body strength. No pain.
4) I am now taking all of the supplements recommended in Owen's book to support the Pauling therapy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Risk of plaque breaking loose while on Pauling therapy?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 18, 2011 2:39 pm

The idea that the Pauling therapy might loosen plaque is a worry I had long ago, and brings up an old memory. I have read Dr. Rath's theory that the plaques (atheromas) dissolve at the molecular level, and that Rath believes there is little or no risk. From our now more than a decade of experience, I cannot recall a single report where such a thing was even suspected. But back to the memory.

In the beginning, we had little to go on besides our trust in Linus Pauling. So when a relative had a heart attack and went in for by-pass surgery - we kept our mouths shut. Well, a piece of plaque did break off during the surgery and our relative died on the table.

And I strongly suggest that your read Dr. Levy's STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER (livonbooks.com). It explains that old plaques develop into something like tissues - or callouses - and that they even grow a blood supply, i.e., capillaries, etc. In fact, after reading this book written by a cardiologist, I really have no idea why Pauling's therapy seems to work so fast in the most critically ill. (The reason is probably as Levy speculates, the lysines's effect is like arginines and based on creation of NO which expands the arteries, while the other slower effects are taking place.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

dboyd98

Post Number:#3  Post by dboyd98 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 am

In the beginning, we had little to go on besides our trust in Linus Pauling. So when a relative had a heart attack and went in for by-pass surgery - we kept our mouths shut. Well, a piece of plaque did break off during the surgery and our relative died on the table.

This was one of the concerns in my mind when my first cardiologist suggested a bypass. I asked, "what do you do during bypass surgery (like an inline screen/filter) to prevent pieces of plaque from going to the brain, etc?". She had no answer.

It was comforting to know you have never heard of a piece breaking off for someone on the Pauling Therapy.

Thanks Owen, Doug

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Fri May 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Doug
Generally when bypass surgery is done the graft is placed downstream and flows back against the blockage.
As an example a blockage in the LCX prior to the LAD would be represented like a T the blockage would be on the left side of the T the graft would be placed on the right side to feed the leg of the T and place a back pressure against the blockage which would compact the blockage aswhile as feed the area on the downward of the blockage. It generally works very well but blockages have been known to grow upstream. Hope this clears it up a little for you.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”