Recent Cholesterol readings

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Recent Cholesterol readings

Post Number:#1  Post by scottbushey » Mon May 23, 2011 10:51 am

I had to do a biometric screening for the company I work for; it was a finger stick for my cholesterol levels. Are these finger stick accurate?

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Recent Cholesterol readings

Post Number:#2  Post by scottbushey » Mon May 23, 2011 11:15 am

This is the device used.

Q. Is veni-puncture (blood drawn from a vein) lab testing better than finger-stick testing with Cholestech?
A. The Cholestech LDX System is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and will give the same level of accuracy and precision that you would get from venous blood tested at a clinical lab. Results for total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides meet the total-error guidelines set by the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP). You can expect 95% (95 out of 100) of the individual test results in normal individuals to be within these total-error guidelines when you compare the LDX System results to other NCEP total-error guidelines methods. Although there are no nationally accepted guidelines for glucose total error, the Cholestech LDX System provides test results that are consistent with good patient care, at ±11%.
http://www.cholestech.com/products/ldx_overview.htm
http://www.cholestech.com/docs/ldx_accuracy/MKT13310_A%20Mini%20CRMLN%20Study%20Technical%20Brief.pdf

My numbers:
Total: 182
HDL: 48
Trig: 144
HDL 48
LDL: 128
Ratio: 3.8
Glu: 80

*Keep in mind that I have been strict Paleo since my previous test results a month ago and juicing with a Vitamix blender.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 24, 2011 7:55 am

If you want us to compare, should probably list previous results - however, 180 is what Pauling/Ginter predict with "optimal" vitamin C intake. I'd say your paleo experiment is working.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Sun May 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Here I'll nit pick at it so it sounds like the kind of yada you'll get at work.

Your HDL is at 48 and the range is >40 but we would really like to see it above 50 you know how ever protective HDL is to your system and your BAD CHOLESTEROL its almost going through the roof at 128 My god you know the range is <120 I don't know if we can even offer you insurance with levels that high. Did you see that nurse laying on the floor when you came in here she had a 93 and look how good she looks well she'll look even better when she gets off of the O2 and is able to move again. See if you can get them numbers in range the statin makers want, like whats her name on the floor there.

Seriously; there's been a great improvement and yep I'm going to say it I bet it had something to do with your Glucose metabolism, I would have like to see your insulin levels before and on the diet not that it really matters because your getting results and that's what counts. If it holds then you can say you found the key. One thing about the paleo diet if you start grunting and feel like NOT shaving it's going a little to far. Especially feeling like going to the zoo for lunch your on the edge then. (PALEO Aka: Caveman Diet)
I would classify your readings as Excellent and would make No recomendations in there regard.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by jknosplr » Mon May 30, 2011 5:10 am

Bushy
Found this link, lots of good debate on what is being beat up here. good info on the diet you are following, hope it works out.

http://www.thincs.org/discuss.htm

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”