Thinking of starting PT - but heard vitamin C was dangerous

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Thinking of starting PT - but heard vitamin C was dangerous

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:02 am

Dear Mr. Fonorow:

Thinking of Tower CardioAde...

I have some questions. When I mentioned the product to someone, they said to me that you have to be careful because you can overdose on vitamin C.

Is this true and what dosage wd that take?

I am also a type 2 diabetic and have a high CRP number. Now, I do have bad arthritis (also need 2 knee replacements) which could cause inflammation in my body. (I had gum problems and had root planing done and now floss regularly and my gum problem has been taken care of. I am on Lipitor and 2 BP meds, Quinapril and Metoprolol, and I also take hydrochlorathiazide for swelling in my ankles and feet. Do you think this product will help me with my cholesterol and blood pressure issues?

I am going to give the product a one month trial period and see if it helps me with more energy and my CRP number. If it helps me, will I be able to get reduced price on monthly orders?

Thank you.

Lu Ann

The answer to the first question about vitamin C overdose is no. You cannot kill a laboratory animal with any known oral dose of either vitamin C or lysine. There is no known lethal dosage level, making water more "lethal" than vitamin C. It is arguably the safest substance one can put in the body, and all the bad "side effects' accrue from not taking in enough vitamin C. (We humans cannot make it but must get it in our diet, unlike the vast majority of animal species that make their own vitamin C 24/7)

Now I don't think you mentioned your age or the amount of vitamin C you currently take (or can tolerate).

Being a Type 2 diabetic causes a known complication - as it means that vitamin C in general will have difficulty entering your cells (as does ordinary glucose - which is why your blood sugar levels are high.) Most people I send to this web site with Type 2 report back "wonderful results in lowering their blood sugar" by following Mr. Smith's advice. Start with: http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm

Cliff Notes on healingmatters.com: Long-term ingestion of trans fats alter cell membranes making them impermeable to glucose (and vitamin C). Stop ALL trans fats to control Type 2. Blood sugar returns to normal over time as more and more cell membranes remodel.

I would take high vitamin C, but you must control blood sugar/ Type 2 for vitamin C to be most effective. I would start with this protocol to help you determine your tolerance:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

The drugs you are taking will cause other complications, but I will leave those comments to others at our forum.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Thinking of starting PT - but heard vitamin C was dangerous

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 am

First of All let me get this out there!!
http://www.spacedoc.net/statins_diabetes
http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/lipitor-zo ... -risk-8459

OK Now the usual questions???
How old? Weight? AGE??
How long on these meds? Did your type 2 get better or worse after starting them or did you get the type 2 after starting them??
Metoprolol-- Tartrate or Succinate??
What dose of this??

hydrochlorathiazide (water pill) How often and dose?

I am also a type 2 diabetic and have a high CRP number. Now, I do have bad arthritis (also need 2 knee replacements) which could cause inflammation in my body.

I'm seeing a connection here but need more info.
I am going to give the product a one month trial period and see if it helps me with more energy and my CRP number.

Probably going to have to get rid of the problem maker first before results will be seen!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”