Why Does Livon Advise Caution w/Blood Thinners and Lypo-C?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Why Does Livon Advise Caution w/Blood Thinners and Lypo-C?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:39 am

Hello,

I write to enquire about Lypospheric Vitamin C. The LivOn laboratories' website indicates that Lypospheric Vitamin C should not be taken with blood thinners, such as certain anticoagulants. I would like to supplement my current medication with Lypospheric Vitamin C. My current medication consists of anti platelets and hypertension reducing medication

(specifically: Clopidogrel 75mg; Aspirin 75 mg ; Enalapril Maleate 2.5 mg; Amlodipine 2.5 mg ). Could you please advise whether there may be any side effects or ill effects of supplementing this medication with Lypospheric Vitamin C as well as Proline and Lysine (as advised in the book "Practicing Medicine Without a License"?

Thank you,

N. T.

I do not know but will look into this.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Why Does Livon Advise Caution w/Blood Thinners and Lypo-C?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:15 am

Clopidogrel 75mg

Plavix

Enalapril Maleate

BP Med. Ace Inhibitor

Amlodipine Besylate

BP med Calcium Channel Blocker (Norvasc)

Since he is taking Plavix it would be advisable to stick with "Heart Tech" style of supplementation.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by eDOC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:48 pm

2 Antihypertensives in such a low dose.....why not get the effect with one, either Renitec ACE inhibitor or Ca channel blocker........there must be a some logic?

ACE Inhibitor are out dated drugs, now I prescribe ACE Inhibitor blockers like Losartan Potassium, 25mg, 50mg or 100mg/day.....they don't have the side effects off ACE Inhibitors.

OR If HTN isn't controlled by only one, give one in a higher dose & the other in a smaller one........e.g Renitec 10mg in the morning & Norvasc 5mg at night.....displays a sign of lack of experience.

Just my thoughts.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:55 pm

One reason is that AHA puts any patient whose suffered a stroke or an MI on lipid lowering drugs like statins etc even if the lipids are with in normal range.

Based on that Livon wouldn't want to mess with AHA & would be assuming that Lypo C would raise lipids?

Again my personal views.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:25 pm

........there must be a some logic?

It's not a matter of logic it's a matter of $$$$$$$$$$$$

LOT and Renitec are not on the medicare formulary lists which means their probably not on any other insurance list either. What this would mean is it would cost the patient around $40 to $80 per script for 30 days in comparison to about $4 to $10 for the generic brands which means there is a better chance the patient would take the generics and not just forget about getting them filled because of costs.
Yes! Money matters in healthcare!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”