Interested in Pauling's therapy for heart valve problems

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Interested in Pauling's therapy for heart valve problems

Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:54 am

Am really interested in the Linus Pauling Therapy because I have heart valve problems. I read 1 of the testimonies on heart valves but what I would like to know what product should I take and what is best for me? On top of having heart valve problems, I get heart palpitations.Thank you, Carmen

Doctors here may be able to help.

We would need to know considerably more to make a proper recommendation.

If I haven't already sent you this link, this is how we generally tell people to begin the pauling therapy:,
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Also, when ever "heart valve" is mentioned, I think augmenting the pauling vitamin C/lysine/proline therapy with vitamin K - there are 2 or 3 important variations of vitamin K, and to my knowledge, the Super-K product from Life Extension contains them all.

Let us know how much vitamin C you can tolerate, a brief history, what other drugs and nutrients you are taking and we may be able to make a product recommendation.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Interested in Pauling's therapy for heart valve problems

Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 am

Thank you for your response. Here is my brief history.

I have Rhuematic Heart Disease that damaged my heart valves (preferably the Aortic Valve). What I have been experiencing with this health condition is "heart palpitations". It's been a year and a half that I've been on Dr. Rath Matias Cellular Medicine, it has help me in some ways which is great but I still get fast heart beats. What I take from Dr Rath's cellular medicine is Vitacore Plus, Enecor, Vitacorte, femicell and I forgot the other vitamin.

The medication that am taking for my heart is Metaporol (50 mg & 25 mg), I take the 50 in the morning and the 25 in the evening time. I sometime take chewable aspirin (81 mg).

I am really interested in starting the Linus Pauling Therapy but I don't know what product to start with and I don't know how much Vitamin C I can tolerate. What would be your recommendation for a first time individual considering this therapy?

Also, just thought I let you know that I ordered your book.

Thank you,

Carmen

Again, follow this link for a procedure to follow that will help you figure out how much vitamin C you can tolerate: http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Dr. Rath has fine products, but I haven't been keeping up with his product line. I know that in the beginning, the only issue was dose. The dosages of vitamin C, lysine, etc. in his products were way too low. Perhaps that has improved?

In any case, almost any product would probably benefit at a therapeutic dosage, usually
two jars, but again, vitamin K is the key to regulating calcium from soft tissue into bones, and should be near the top of your list of supplements.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Steve Brown
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by Steve Brown » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 am

Cartilage is a structural component of heart valves. Chondroitin taken as a supplement can help the body repair and maintain the heart valves. Glucosamine is a precursor of chondroitin.

http://knowledgeofhealth.com/the-man-wh ... rol-drugs/

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am

Does having too much Vitamin C give you side affects? I went into your link and I read that an individual had too many Vitamin C that it affected his kidneys and very painful. Would it be okay if I can give you Dr. Rath's p roducts that am taking the dosage of each vitamins that it has?

I went into your link but I don't see on how I can figure how much vitamin C I can take. Are you able to guide me on this?

Where can I get Vitamin K?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Carmen

orthomed.com/titrate.htm illustrates that people have bowel tolerances to vitamin C, there is an amount at one time, and a total amount that can be taken throughout the day without causing diarrhea. This amount of vitamin C varies with the person and the illness.

Generally, the sicker you are the more vitamin C you can take.

But people range from 200 mg at one time to more than 9000 mg at one time, and 1 g per day to over 30,000 g per day. It is such a large range that we need to know your "ball park". One way to judge is to follow this protocol - gradually increasing until you hit tolerance.
viewtopic.php?f=3D3D10&t=3D3D8026

I have never heard that taking a large amount of vitamin C will cause kidney pain!? Medicine asserts that it increases the chance of kidney stones, but Pauling debunked this because vitamin C can prevent half the stones, and the other half can be prevented by taking vitamin C
as sodium ascorbate. There are no clinical studies that show vitamin C increases kidney stones, and in fact, the opposite.

I'd be interested in the amount of vitamin C, lysine and proline currently in Rath's products.

LEF.ORG - super K, but probably any health food store.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:49 am

Hi Owen,

See the following on Dr. Rath's product.

1) Vitacor Plus - Vitamin C with ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, calcium, ascorbate, magnesium ascorbate - 600 mg - Daily Value - 1000%
With L-Lysine (from L-Lysine HCI) - 110 mg, with L-Proline - 110 mg
2) Enercor (For Heart Muscle) - Vitamin C (from Calcuim Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbate) - 700mg - Daily Value - 1166%
With L-Carnitine (from L-Carnitine L-Tartrate) - 160 mg. With CoEnzyme Q10 - 20 mg
3) Dr. Rath's VitaCforte - Vitamin C - (as Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Calcuim Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbate) - 1551 mg - Daily Value - 2585%

4) ProLysinC - Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) - 900 mg - Daily Value 1500% -
With L-Lysine (from L-Lysine HCI) - 900 mg, with L-Proline - 450 mg

5) Femicell (For Hormones) - Vitamin C (from Calcium Ascorbate) - 250mg - Daily Value 417%

6) LysinC Drink Mix - Supports connective tissue health - I hardly drink this because of the taste - Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbate) - 1000mg - Daily Value - 1667% - With - L-Lysine (from L-Lysine HCI) - 1000 mg

Just to let you know that I ordered the Cardio C just this past weekend, what would you suggest on how I should start when taking the Cardio C. Please advise.

So your saying the sicker I get the more Vitamin C I can take because it's working?

What about Heart Technology product?

Thank you,

Carmen

Hmmm. I will study - but his product dosages still appear low, and the calcium ascorbate
may limit how many servings you can take - and you would need quite a few to reach Pauling's 6000 vit C/6000 lysine minimum therapeutic values.

Your body needs and can utilize (thus absorbs) more vitamin C when you are sick.

Many people can go right to the two scoops (1 scoop/dose twice per day) but if that causes diarrhea, you will have to back off and increase the dosage slowly. Tower products are very good.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:10 am

Here some reading with a few suggestions:
also read the Referenced Studies at the bottom I guess this is the current path their following.
it seems to have logical merit.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/health ... ve_health/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”