Vitamin C does a beautiful job with blood pressure!

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Vitamin C does a beautiful job with blood pressure!

Post Number:#1  Post by Jacquie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Just a report on Vitamin C's effects on blood pressure in my family:

A few years ago my mom's b.p. started going up (it would spike up to about 150/95 intermittently, and once she had a hypertensive crisis of about 200/120), so her primary care doc put her on a diuretic pressure reducer. It got her down to ~130/85, which was deemed acceptable. My mom didn't really wanna be on drugs the rest of her life, though.

Well, since she starting taking multi-gram amounts of vitamin C (and she's now taking about 10 grams a day), her b.p. readings have been creeping downwards. She got down to about 120/80, and, with her doc's approval, cut her medication dosage in half.

Today she and I donated blood, and our pressures were:

Me, age 29 - 110/62

Her, age 61 - 110/60 :mrgreen:

My dad (who is 58) has also gotten excellent results. He was a construction contractor for 30 years, and his b.p. was always below 120/80. About 7 years ago arthritis forced him into semi-retirement/office work, and in that time it had crept up to about 130/90.

Last March he started taking vitamin C to bowel tolerance. In July he had to have emergency hernia surgery. The day he was discharged, his b.p. was 104/67. This surprised the hell out of the doctors, cause it was 160/110 when he was admitted (he was in a lot of pain).

Vitamin C is the best thing ever.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Vitamin C does a beautiful job with blood pressure!

Post Number:#2  Post by BaronZemo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:24 am

I wish I had the same results..take 15 grams C and bp unchanged..looking into oriental meds for this now

Lemonaid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Lemonaid » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:11 am

Baron, are you taking vitamin D?

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Jacquie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Along with the D, magnesium or vitamin K might help bring down your blood pressure, Baron. My mom also takes magnesium citrate, vitamins D, E, and K, and a good multi.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by BaronZemo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:01 am

Jacquie wrote:Along with the D, magnesium or vitamin K might help bring down your blood pressure, Baron. My mom also takes magnesium citrate, vitamins D, E, and K, and a good multi.

I take all of those except K. I tried other forms of magnesium as well, and K for a little while and it had no effect. Cq10 might help a little, hard to say. Since I have been taking cq10 for a while, I will start taking bp readings see if has any effect

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by majkinetor » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 pm

List doses and forms please. Without it, nobody can tell anything about your report

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by BaronZemo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 am

majkinetor wrote:List doses and forms please. Without it, nobody can tell anything about your report

c 15 grams
magnesium 400 mg
cq 100 mg
d 3600 mg

dont remember k dosage at all

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:01 am

BaronZemo wrote:
Jacquie wrote:Along with the D, magnesium or vitamin K might help bring down your blood pressure, Baron. My mom also takes magnesium citrate, vitamins D, E, and K, and a good multi.

I take all of those except K. I tried other forms of magnesium as well, and K for a little while and it had no effect. Cq10 might help a little, hard to say. Since I have been taking cq10 for a while, I will start taking bp readings see if has any effect

vitamin k - especially k2 - is the key in your case baronzemo. ordinary pauling therapy can resolve soft atheromas and may over time effect calcifications, but i now have enough experience to predict that adding a good vitamin k with k2 - taken regularly - will very likely resolve your bp issue. i know it can happen in less than one year, but it is unknown how long it might take. Super-K from lef.org seems to be a good brand, but others may have other recommendations.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Saw » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 am

The business end of K2 is mk7 (which the lef super K Owen suggested has). K2 as mk4 is simular to K1 and has a half life
of about 1 hour. Mk7 has half life of 3 days.

You can also get K2 as mk8 and mk9 from cheese ( not processed) or cottage chesse.
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by Jacquie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm

vitamin k - especially k2 - is the key in your case baronzemo. ordinary pauling therapy can resolve soft atheromas and may over time effect calcifications, but i now have enough experience to predict that adding a good vitamin k with k2 - taken regularly - will very likely resolve your bp issue. i know it can happen in less than one year, but it is unknown how long it might take. Super-K from lef.org seems to be a good brand, but others may have other recommendations.

Yep - the reason calcification of the arteries causes high blood pressure is that the artery becomes too rigid to expand and contract properly, and when the heart increases its output for any reason, you're trying to force more volume through the same size pipe, which automatically means more pressure. If you get rid of the calcification with enough vitamin K2 (and as Owen said, it's not known how long it takes), the blood vessels become able to adjust to the blood volume again, which lowers the blood pressure.

My mom (and my dad and I) take the Life Extension brand (1 mg K1, 1 mg K2 mk4, 100 mcg K2 mk7), but there's another brand that has 1 mg K1, 3 mg K2 mk4, and 50 mcg K2 mk7, for a couple more bucks.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”