70% blockage/Kidney disease - recmnd triple bypass

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

70% blockage/Kidney disease - recmnd triple bypass

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:04 am

My Dad has 70% blockage and stage 3 kidney disease. His Doctors wanted him to have a triple bypass and to put him on Heparin. My dad refused the surgery and we ordered the Ascorsine-9 product. My brother had some concerns for the high lysine levels for his kidneys.. Just this week, my Dad was rushed to the emergency because my Aunt had given him some Chinese herbs to lower his blood pressure along with his prescriptions. My dad\'s potassium level reached 7.4 and his bp was 80 and his pulse was 39...His condition is stable now...But he is hesitant or scared now to take alternative therapy because of what happened. What is a good regimen for his dosage on Pauling Therapy...thanks for your time...

Respectfully

Chao

While Ascorsine-9 is arguably the best Pauling Therapy product, kidney disease does complicate things so the answer is not easy. Generally, vitamin C is of value to kidneys and all organs, and I would start him slowly on the following protocol,

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

and when he gets acclimated to high doses of vitamin C and lysine without
problems, then, in my opinion, it is time to introduce the Ascorsine-9.

Tell family that both vitamin C and lysine are essential, required for life. The only issue is dosage, and a high dosage is required to overcome heart difficulties.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 70% blockage/Kidney disease - recmnd triple bypass

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:10 am

my Dad was rushed to the emergency because my Aunt had given him some Chinese herbs to lower his blood pressure along with his prescriptions

GREAT!! I would like to see what this Chinese prep is composed of?????

Good recs by Owen, he should also be advised to stick with the basics at this point. Bear in mind his kidneys are going to react and his BP will be all over the place don't let this be overly concerning unless his SYS pressure is over 175 for an extended time.
His BT will probably be quite low at this point watch for under or high hydration and monitor his urine discharges. Keep his eletrolytes up also (basic sports drinks like ga---aide)can help in moderation watch sodium intake. Best of luck to him!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by Jacquie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 am

N-acetyl-cysteine has shown excellent results in protecting dog and rat kidneys from injury (there are like a billion studies on PubMed supporting this). Some human trials have shown good results as well (although now, of course, everyone's backtracking and saying it doesn't really work :roll:). Since NAC has never caused any harm, even to failing kidneys (all studies show this), it's well worth a try. As always, dose matters a lot.

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by majkinetor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 pm

There are lots of studies in humans too. I agree, it should be tried with various doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 am

Jacquie wrote:N-acetyl-cysteine has shown excellent results in protecting dog and rat kidneys from injury (there are like a billion studies on PubMed supporting this). Some human trials have shown good results as well (although now, of course, everyone's backtracking and saying it doesn't really work :roll:). Since NAC has never caused any harm, even to failing kidneys (all studies show this), it's well worth a try. As always, dose matters a lot.

And putting all this knowledge together - NAC would be expected to work its magic by increasing intracellular glutathione. (Caveat: According to former emeritus professor of chemistry Boyd Haley, only high dose vitamin C has been proven to increase intracellular GSH. NAC supporters can argue with him! ) Thus another logical method presents itself - using liposomal GSH - such as livonlabs Lypo-GSH.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by Jacquie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

ofonorow wrote:And putting all this knowledge together - NAC would be expected to work its magic by increasing intracellular glutathione.

This is indeed how NAC prevents liver failure in acetaminophen/paracetamol overdose (NAC is the "standard-of-care" treatment, in fact):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19821517
Acetaminophen (APAP) overdose is a major cause of acute liver failure. The glutathione (GSH) precursor N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is used to treat patients with APAP overdose for up to 48 hours.

...However, GSH (-82%) was more effective than NAC (-46%) in preventing liver injury.

...NAC treatment was less effective [than GSH] in recovering ATP and mitochondrial GSH levels and showed reduced substrate flux through the Krebs cycle compared with GSH. However, increasing the dose of NAC improved the protective effect similar to GSH...

ofonorow wrote:Thus another logical method presents itself - using liposomal GSH - such as livonlabs Lypo-GSH.

I don't know if NAC protects the kidneys directly, or as a precursor to GSH (or both), but regardless, this seems like a good idea!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 am

...However, GSH (-82%) was more effective than NAC (-46%) in preventing liver injury.

I wonder why? I know from first-hand observation of people at the alt. clinic I go to that IV/GSH can work wonders, yet I think I know that GSH in the blood will not enter cells (so presumably a shot of GSH works by clearing the blood of toxins. Maybe this reduces the toxic load on the liver?) According to environment scientists, (e.g. Chris Shade), there is a one-way pathway for GSH created within cells - out. Shade lectures that GSH is the body's primary detoxification mechanism. GSH created in cells "grabs" toxins, e.g. viruses, mercury, etc. and then exits the cell and is expelled via the urine.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by majkinetor » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:43 am

I don't know if NAC protects the kidneys directly, or as a precursor to GSH (or both), but regardless, this seems like a good idea!

It looks helpful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... rez#__sec7

Yes, it is related to glutathion:
http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/2011/ ... 3.abstract
http://www.themax.co/wp-content/uploads ... uro-04.pdf

Cysteine has a neurotoxic effect at concentrations
high enough to activate NMDA receptors, leading to
enhanced glutamate neurotoxicity (106), whereas NAC
acts as a precursor for GSH synthesis by supplying
cysteine (47) and activates the GSH cycle (107). NAC
enters cells readily and is then deacetylated to form Lcysteine regardless of the presence or absence of
EAAC1 (16). NAC also exerts a direct chemical effect
as an antioxidant, although with less potency than GSH
(22). Systemic administration of NAC can deliver
cysteine to the brain, thereby raising the GSH level in the
CNS (16). There are, in fact, reports of systemic NAC
administration being beneficial in animal models with
neurological disorders (108, 109). Our recent study
(110) also showed NAC to be an effective precursor
for GSH synthesis in dopaminergic neurons. NAC preadministration ameliorated motor dysfunction in
addition to restoring GSH levels in MPTP-treated mice.
We also found the nitrotyrosine level on EAAC1 to be
lower in the midbrains of NAC/MPTP-treated mice than
in those of MPTP-treated mice. Although we do not yet
know whether NAC would be clinically beneficial in
PD, its low toxicity and ease of administration warrant
further investigation of this compound

See also this:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 930900236X

- Emodin, 30mg/kg,
- Sylmarion, 40mg/kg
- N-Acetyl-Cystein, 40-70mg/kg

I vote for C + NAC

Actually, after tones of research on NAC, I now think its probably one of the most important stuff to take to help your liver. I take 600mg any time I feel stressed.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”