Mild heart attack and numbers--continued

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

marymcdowell5
Contributor
Contributor

Mild heart attack and numbers--continued

Post Number:#1  Post by marymcdowell5 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Sorry--this is a continuation of my first post, continuing the lab results after 3.5 months from heart attack
HDL-P (total) 36.2
Small LDL-P 746 flagged as HIGH
LDL size 21.4
Insulin resistance score 21.4

Most of the results seem okay except for the LDL-P, which was close to the "very high" range
and the small LDL-P. These, I must admit, I don't really understand.

I am not really concerned about the total cholesterol level, which has been around 240 for the past ten years. Doesn't seem to be a problem? The doctor, of course, is pushing statins, but not a change of his taking that. BUT.....he wants him to try niacin, and I have not had time to research that. Right now I am going to push him to cut down on carbs a bit, eat more eggs and fat, after reading a bit about the issue of small LDL-P being too high.

Any comments or suggestions? Basically I am not that concerned about him. He is very fit, (5 ' 10" and 165 pounds) , plays golf and and usually walks 18 holes, but up to 36 holes in a day, several days a week, works out for an hour (fairly hard, with a trainer) 3 or 4 times a week. Officially retired, but very busy with volunteer jobs. We are going on a 7-day hiking trip next month, in the mountains, as we do about every other year, and he's never had a problem even with very steep climbs.
Mary

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Mild heart attack and numbers--continued

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi Mary,

If you are not familiar with Bowel Tolerance dosing [with ascorbic acid], I highly recommend you read this article http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

marymcdowell5
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by marymcdowell5 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 pm

David
I am familiar with the concept of bowel tolerance, but my husband has not done that--you are right, that he should, and I will get him to agree to it. Thanks for the reminder.
Mary

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:23 pm

FYI Mary, rather than creating a new thread each time simply reply to this one :)
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:29 pm

I am trying to figure out how to merge these post.. may simply copy
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”