MI 8 years ago, 3 stents, Now heart function below 35%

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

MI 8 years ago, 3 stents, Now heart function below 35%

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat May 19, 2012 2:29 am

My husband had a couple of heart attacks about 8 years ago, he had 3 stents put in and
was doing fine. The Dr. started giving him Echocardiograms for his heart function and it was 45% for a long time until January of this year, it went down to 30% and then in May (this month) it was 35%. They are talking about a defibrillator and he has to go back in 3 months (August). Do you think the protocol would help with heart failure? I have been reading and do not see any mention of helping heart failure. I really want to do something to help him.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
T. F.

Based on his history, Vitamin C and lysine couldn't hurt, but may not help him overcome his current heart failure. On the other hand, in Europe - CoQ10 is considered a cure/treatment for heart failure (heart failure is considered a CoQ10 deficiency.) The statin cholesterol lowering drugs, for example, deplete the body of CoQ10 and the incidence of heart failure has at least tripled since these drugs have been prescribed.

I would think that your husband would be wise to also add at least 600 mg of CoQ10 daily, along with magnesium, taurine, etc. 1200 mg CoQ10 would be even better, but it is not how much CoQ10 is ingested - it is how much is absorbed, and according to Dr. Sinatra (CoQ10 expert) you must take CoQ10 with fats to make sure there is bile in the digestive tract.

See entire protocol here:http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: MI 8 years ago, 3 stents, Now heart function below 35%

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 23, 2012 3:22 am

Thank you so much for your reply, he is on simvastatin for cholesterol and has been for years, he has muscle aches and cramps, but his Dr. keeps arguing that the statin is not the cause, but with all I have read I believe it is. In your research have you found which natural or nonprescription source would lower the cholesterol? I have purchased the COQ10 for him and I know magnesium,but I also read that taking a magnesium supplement is too good because of absorption, any suggestions for that also?
Thanks,
Trenna

PS: I know your not a Dr. and I know that what you tell me is just a suggestion.

A lot depends on the dosage. If more than 10 mg the statin definitely could have something to do with the muscle pains - in my lay opinion. Vitamin C has a definite anti-cholesterol effect, that has been scientifically measured, as reported in Linus Pauling's book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER. (See the section on E. Ginter, vitamin C and cholesterol.) Ginter/Pauling predict that if the vitamin C intake is adequate/optimal, the total cholesterol will normalize to 180 mg/dl. (It is amazing how many people have reported this exact number after increasing their vitamin C intakes - including me.)

CoQ10 should help with the muscle pain. Increase the dosage (or decrease the statin dosage) until the pains subside. (Take CoQ10 with meals/fats - bile is required for absorption).

There are chelated magnesium products that are probably better absorbed. If you or he gets diarrhea on the magnesium, look for another product.

So in answer to your question - the best way to lower cholesterol, in my opinion, is with the optimal intake of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Bossman » Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 am

I recently read that for proper absorption in the body you should supplement with CoQ10 in the ubiquinol form and not as ubiquinone.
Good luck.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 am

This is a quote I gave from another post same applies here.

Magnesium and Potassium Aspartate.
Mag 100mg,Potassium 99mg. 3 times a day.

Here's why I suggest this.
At 35% his kidneys are already starting to labor, so it's time to start taking care of them too!

http://phys.org/news184939006.html
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 am

Bossman wrote:I recently read that for proper absorption in the body you should supplement with CoQ10 in the ubiquinol form and not as ubiquinone.
Good luck.

Can you provide the link? Has coQ10 expert Dr. Sinatra changed his mind? He always measures CoQ10 blood levels in his patients, and his original opinion, after trying ubiquinol, was that any minor benefit did not justify the additional price. (At least it did not appear as if ubiquinol was worse than ordinary CoQ10).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”