It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Atrial flutter, hypertension - tried vitamin C before 
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Atrial flutter, hypertension - tried vitamin C before
Quote:
I have been diagnosed with atrial flutter. I also have hyertension and narrowing of the arteries, but the drugs I was prescribed caused drastic side effects, except the heart medcication when given intraveniously. Unfortunately, my doctor says this is not viable - so I\'m trying to find an alternative cure. At the moment my heartbeat is steady, but I assume I still have the other problems. I have tried vitamin C before, but find it makes my gullet sore and causes diarrhoea. Which form of vitamin C is best for me?
Mary

Hi,
Per Linus Pauling, vitamin C must be taken continually, every day, in the correct amounts.

Re: "sore gullet", it sounds like you might benefit from sodium ascorbate (or adding some baking soda as Pauling did to your ascorbic acid). (by the way, I hope you are not taking stomach acid blockers! We already know the proton-pump inhibitors (e.g. Prilozec) block vitamin C uptake, but yesterday there was a news report that they also cause severe magnesium deficiency!)

If diarrhea is a problem at low dosages, then we might recommend a well aborbed liposomal form of vitamin C - such as livonlabs.com Lypo-C.

See this link for a way to start the protocol and help us figure out which product might be best for you.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

And this link by one of our forum members may help you determine the MINIMUM vitamin C you require daily based on weight, age and other factors.
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593

He recommends initially doubling the calculated amount for therapeutic effect.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 am