Some chest pain, sometimes sharp, sholder pain.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Some chest pain, sometimes sharp, sholder pain.

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:49 am

I am a 42 year old female, last year I was told I had minimal build up in my arteries and not to worry but was prescribed cardizem--I did not and am not taking this medicine. I dont have chest pain very often, just periodically a sharp \"burst\" of pain, usually a few at a time, then I am very tired for the remainder of the day and the next. Sometimes I feel a flutter in my chest. I also have disc problems in my back, and shoulder pain very often. I find the vitamin C research very interesting, and would like to know if I were to start this how do I know which product to take, and what/if any do I continue taking? Also, is CQ10 necessary also, and if so how much? What are the potential risks? I am not sure who I should talk with about this, but I do not want to take prescription drugs. Heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol--which I have--runs in both sides of my family. I appreciate any information you can give me.
Thank you,
Shannon

Dear Shannon,

Vitamin C is key - do you supplement (and have you supplemented) any vitamin C? Here is a protocol for getting started: http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

And here is method to help you determine the minimum amount you should be taking:
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593
According to our professor, the therapeutic amount is about double the table/formula.

You are just about the age when the need for supplemental CoQ10 begins, and many drugs can deplete the CoQ10 your body should be making. (Even if you are not taking any drugs, it is a good idea to supplement at least 100 mg of CoQ10 daily - with meals/fats, as it requires bile to be absorbed.)

I have recently learned adrenal insufficiency can also play a role in the symptoms you describe, however getting "replacement" cortisol can be a challenge with today's doctors. So I would start with vitamin C and CoQ10 and let us know what happens.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”