It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:43 pm




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Does Vitamin C Harm Teeth? 
Author Message
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:16 pm
Posts: 9432
Location: Lisle, IL
Post Does Vitamin C Harm Teeth?
From the email
Quote:
Good day,
I was wondering if you have heard of any problem with the high dosage of vitamin c that is in the Pauling Therapy drinks coming in contact with one's teeth. I've tried taking vitamin c crystals dissolved in water and after a while my teeth started to feel 'different', like maybe the enamel was being affected.
Thank you for your time.
Bob A.



We're approaching our first-year anniversary of this forum, and I remember that this question generated a lot of posting early on.

My response usually is a) ever since I begain taking more than 6000 mg of vitamin C daily, my teeth stopped having dental caries (cavities) and b) if you are worried about the acid you should drink you vitamin C drinks with a straw.

_________________
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath


Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:28 am
Profile
Post 
I haven't been to the dentist since I've started megadosing with C crystals about two months ago, but I do notice that my teeth seem to feel stronger than I ever remember them being. Besides, if ascorbic acid could ruin your teeth, wouldn't citric acid be even worse? I don't remember dentists ever telling me to lay off the oranges...


Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:00 pm
Post teeth
frankly id be more concerned with stronger acids produced by three types of bacteria that inhabit the mouth and in between teeth when exposed to refined sugar. Not so much with raw sugar.

Use of stevia is a better option to sweetner.

It is a herb that is 200 times sweeter than sugar, no calories, no effect on insulin and doesnt effect teeth.
It is pricey but then a little goes a long way.

Try stevia.net for more info.

Second phosphoric acid in soda is highly erosive combined with refined sugar.

Thrid is mercury amalgams. Nothing breaks down the entire gum and surrounding teeth faster. Not in a corrosive way however. Teeth are porous and living tissue. This mercury leaches into the gum structure as well as its components, nickle, tin and copper. The more you have the faster the degradation.

Sometimes the leaching can be seen, this is called the amalgam tatoo. A black spot on the gum just below the tooth.
Other times the leaching cant be seen from the center of the roots.

Mercury is second in toxicity only to arsenic.

If concerned about vitamin c as a mild acid. Drink with a straw, brush with water only after and rinse well.


Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:28 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.