Vitamin C thirsty?

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

epm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vitamin C thirsty?

Post Number:#1  Post by epm » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:48 pm

I am curious about this. Sometimes, not often but ever in the same way, i feel like i am thirsty, that i need to take the water with the Vit.C, though i am not "only water" thirsty... Anyone have been experience this? If it was happening with a hormone or other substance that our body make and that i would be taking it from an external source, i would be worried about it (like heroin adicts that inhibits endorfins), but being a intake of a nutritional substance like Vit.C i think so it doesnt constitues a matter of worring...like when one feels a craving for a kind of food due to a need for a mineral (chocolate for magensium or coper).
What do you think about it?
:)

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#2  Post by Dolev » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:53 pm

Some details of your story are not clear, but here is one possibility:

If before you began to take vitamin C you were not drinking much water, and now you began to drink the vitamin C with a good amount of water, then the answer to your question is very clear, and has nothing to do with the vitamin C. The experience of many people who decide to drink more water, is very interesting: they become thirsty. I experienced this personally. After reading "Your Bodies Many Cries for Water", which explains that we are dehydrated even though we are not thirsty, I began to drink a few glasses of water more each day. I immediately discovered that I became constantly thirsty.
Dolev

rmb60
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by rmb60 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:51 pm

That answers a question of mine.... After nagging, my lady started to drink more water and complains now that she is much thirstier than before.......The only reason that she doesn't drink more again is that its inconvenient for work to visit the girls room too often.----I'll just nag her to drink more while she's home------But you know the saying---you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink it----------But I'll now also drink more, its makes very good sense.

Re: Vitamin C thirsty?

Post Number:#4  Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:05 am

Just to be sure do get a check for diabetes if you have a craving for water.

epm wrote:i think so it doesnt constitues a matter of worring...like when one feels a craving for a kind of food due to a need for a mineral (chocolate for magensium or coper).
What do you think about it?
:)

epm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by epm » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:32 am

Dolev wrote:Some details of your story are not clear, but here is one possibility:

If before you began to take vitamin C you were not drinking much water, and now you began to drink the vitamin C with a good amount of water, then the answer to your question is very clear, and has nothing to do with the vitamin C. The experience of many people who decide to drink more water, is very interesting: they become thirsty. I experienced this personally. After reading "Your Bodies Many Cries for Water", which explains that we are dehydrated even though we are not thirsty, I began to drink a few glasses of water more each day. I immediately discovered that I became constantly thirsty.

Well, i supose my english isnt very good... :?

It could be a good explanation of what i feel in such cases. But i am not driking a lot more of water. Usually, I take 12 gr in three times, morning, evening and night, since months ago, and that thirst doesnt happen alawys...
Besides, what i feel is a craving for the water WITH the vitamin C, not only the water...

anyway, thank you for your help

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#6  Post by Dolev » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:24 pm

Did you hear that, people? A craving for vitamin C with water !! May it happen to all of us !! It would be a much better craving than chocolate!
Dolev

davids

Post Number:#7  Post by davids » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:21 pm

It could be a good explanation of what i feel in such cases. But i am not driking a lot more of water. Usually, I take 12 gr in three times, morning, evening and night, since months ago, and that thirst doesnt happen alawys...
Besides, what i feel is a craving for the water WITH the vitamin C, not only the water...

Hi EPM,

It sounds like 36 grams [per day] is not always enough for you (it is not for me). Are you reaching "bowel tolerance" on that quantity? If not, your body is giving you quite a clear signal, from my view.

Best wishes,

David

epm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by epm » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:04 pm

davids wrote:

Hi EPM,

It sounds like 36 grams [per day] is not always enough for you (it is not for me). Are you reaching "bowel tolerance" on that quantity? If not, your body is giving you quite a clear signal, from my view.

Best wishes,

David

(my english again, lol)
David, i take 12 gr in three divided doses, say 4 gr (tsp) in each time. But perhaps i have to increase my intake to raise bowel tolerance.. i will report then how my thirst goes.

Hey Dolev, yes, it could be nice but still chocolate is one of my cravings, :wink:

health and freedom

Note.- i have to congratulate this foundation staff for having such a good source of information about nutrition and vit.C.
I, as other people here, intend to transmit it to my relatives and friends, but with variable results. (The horse and the water!...)

Return to “Toxicity”