Mouth Sores

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Mouth Sores

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:03 am

From the email

I need to get some information. In the last few years I have developed a problem with vit.C. I get sores or ulcers in my mouth when I take C.

Since I have stopped taking a lot of C my health is going down hill. I have tried ester c and many others with the same problem. I can tolerate a little more ester c then any others. What can I do to stop this problem since my family has heart problems and I need a lot of C.
Thank You for Your help,
John K

Vitamin C can have the effect of waking up a dormant immune system in many people. The Great Linus Pauling, in his 1986 book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER mentions that some people suffer cold sores or canker sores after they begin taking vitamin C. The sores are the symptom of the immune system recognizing a toxin and trying to rid the body of it. He said these sores are most likely caused by a virus that is pushed to the surface (skin) and that after the body "detoxified the virus" these sores usually clear up.

I'd follow the advice about this posted elsewhere at this forum - try going to bowel tolerance to fully cleanse your body of the toxins/virus.

Owen
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Toxicity”