Edema with Vitamin C intake

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

rfalk

Edema with Vitamin C intake

Post Number:#1  Post by rfalk » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:50 pm

It seems that after I started the Vitamin C program I slowly started to notice water retention around my shins and now some in my hands. I am now taking 2 scoops of the Cardio-C per day along with the other suppliments that I have been taking for years. Is there any correlation? Any help would be appreciated.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Edema

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:11 pm

There are many reason for edema, sodium imbalance, coq10 deficiency, heart failure, etc. Hopefully this is a coincidence. It is not a common report. I might slowly stop the Cardio-C, and verify that the Edema subsides. The restart Cardio-C and verify it comes back, and let us know.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

rfalk

Post Number:#3  Post by rfalk » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:27 pm

I don't know - I feel ok - I do take 1 ziac for blood pressure 5mg/6.25mg - I take 300mg or more coq10 - along with a list of other I have been taking for awhile - If it was chf or kidney or liver issue wouldn't I feel bad or something??

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Are you avoiding sodium?

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Glad to hear about the Coq10. How about unrefined sea salt? A good source of sodium and other minerals. (Elsewhere we've discussed Dr. Brownstein's finding that people on low sodium have an increase risk of heart attack)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Toxicity”