It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:40 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Edema with Vitamin C intake 
Post Edema with Vitamin C intake
It seems that after I started the Vitamin C program I slowly started to notice water retention around my shins and now some in my hands. I am now taking 2 scoops of the Cardio-C per day along with the other suppliments that I have been taking for years. Is there any correlation? Any help would be appreciated.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:50 pm
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Edema
There are many reason for edema, sodium imbalance, coq10 deficiency, heart failure, etc. Hopefully this is a coincidence. It is not a common report. I might slowly stop the Cardio-C, and verify that the Edema subsides. The restart Cardio-C and verify it comes back, and let us know.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:11 pm
I don't know - I feel ok - I do take 1 ziac for blood pressure 5mg/6.25mg - I take 300mg or more coq10 - along with a list of other I have been taking for awhile - If it was chf or kidney or liver issue wouldn't I feel bad or something??

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:27 pm
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Are you avoiding sodium?
Glad to hear about the Coq10. How about unrefined sea salt? A good source of sodium and other minerals. (Elsewhere we've discussed Dr. Brownstein's finding that people on low sodium have an increase risk of heart attack)

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:28 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]