My First Time

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

My First Time

Post Number:#1  Post by jimmylesante » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:09 am

Hi Folks
I first tried bowel tolerance about 2years ago. Took 0ne teaspoon of pure ascorbic acid(powder) every 15mins. I made it to 4teaspoons! Then spent the next two hours on the WC= which was weird, a bit like having fever diarrhea without the cracking headache and sore eyeballs. Then about 4hrs later my stomach was fine but i had the cracking headache and sore eyeballs. Nearly put me off the stuff but i guess i started too much too soon?? Is this normal with everyone elses first time?
Otherwise i am interested in the vitamin C capabilities and still take around 5-20g a day, i haven't had flu/colds, sickness for 2 yrs which is exceptionally good as i have two little kids too. I will hopefully learn so much more here and spread the word in Zimbabwe:)
Jimmy

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: My First Time

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm

What was the reason you tried that much (4-5 g every 15 minutes, up to 20 gram in an hour)?

When fighting an oncoming cold/flu - people can take twice that much, but otherwise that would generally be too much when well.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by jimmylesante » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi
It was from a website that said BT should be done at 5g every 15mins. It was like all my hangovers ever at once-like my brain had dehydrated. I guess too much to soon?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Well, hopefully you understand by now that there is no one formula for bowel tolerance (e.g. http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm). Determining individual bowel tolerance is tricky, and reaching it still may not indicate the requirement for vitamin C as been met (i.e., the lack of vitamin C in the blood stream.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by davids1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Jimmy,

I would like to offer my viewpoint [from both study and experience].

I do believe that ascorbic acid does have a cleansing/detoxifying affect in/on one's body. From my viewpoint, that is a good thing, although I agree, sometimes it should be slowed down.

My own experience surprises me, in that I have gotten to the point where I not only rarely get a "loose stool" but I am even getting the flatus under control, e.g. I am often these days consuming upwards of 80g of ascorbic acid [tablets] per 24 hours, and yet have "relatively" little flatus! Bowel Tolerance for me, more and more, is becoming more of a stomach "thing" than a bowel "thing" [and I am quite pleased with that]. I was admittedly already quite healthy when I started out, in 1994, with Bowel Tolerance dosing [with ascorbic acid powder/crystals (for the first few years)], and I began at around 15g daily, which within months went to 30g daily. I can only surmise this is because I have gotten my GI Tract so well cleaned out, e.g. for the first few years, I had a fair amount of "loose stools" and flatus, and then mostly just a lot of flatus, up until this past year or two.

Do I know for sure that I am not harming myself? No, I do not [although I feel awfully well for one potentially harming himself]. I think [ultimately] every thing in life is a gamble, and you take your best shot. Cathcart's writings, in particular, made perfect sense to me, and I guess you could say that I am staking my health [largely] on them!

Just my viewpoint, Jimmy, as "grist for your mill."

All my best wishes,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by jimmylesante » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:14 am

What was the reason you tried that much (4-5 g every 15 minutes, up to 20 gram in an hour)?

Hi Owen just saw your Jaffe Protocol which describes the 15mins taking Vitamin C- must have been what i saw before trying my first time.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”