maintenance dose question

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

VanCanada

Risky business

Post Number:#16  Post by VanCanada » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Shawn wrote:i need to build energy and flush out toxins and heavy metals. that's what's causing all the chronic symptoms is the poisons in me. cognitively i'm not doing very good so even that simple article is difficult to understand.
...(edit)
shawn

I think the good news is that you have decided to take responsibility yourself and accept the decision making, not placing that entirely in the hands of the so-called experts.

Heavy metal detox is not something to embark upon without knowledge and planning. It's easy to lose one's way on the path to wellness. Ascorbic acid has a wide safety margin. But chelators of heavy metals do not. They are risky business. One risks permanent damage. I strongly recommend becoming familiar with the Cutler Protocol:
http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol

A big help will be the case reports and firsthand accounts of others who have travelled the same road as you:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/frequent-dose-chelation/

One chelation victim started her own website; it has patient reports, voodoo doctor stories, and other info about a certain chelator (DMPS) you should probably avoid:
http://www.dmpsbackfire.com/default.shtml

aaCharley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: maintenance dose question

Post Number:#17  Post by aaCharley » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Dolev wrote:Shawn,

Glutathione is a molecule made up of three amino acids - glutamine, glycine and cysteine. There are different opinions about whether these get separated before they are absorbed, so there may not be benefit in taking glutathione in the form you buy it, which is expensive. Since glutamine and glycine are rarely lacking, the amount of cysteine seems to be the rate limiting amino acid in the formation of glutathione in the liver. Therefore by supplementing L-cysteine, which is a lot cheaper than a glutathione supplement, you can probably increase your glutathione level just as well.

In a addition to L-cysteine, I suggest taking 200 mcg of selenium. This mineral joins glutathione to form the important detox enzyme, glutathione peroxidase.

It would seem that a whey protein shake with possibly some NAC added would supply the necessary amino acids to produce the glutathione. Add a bit of selenium with a couple of brazil nuts and the components should be available. Another additive might be to increase the Lysine component (something else fairly inexpensive) so that the Pauling protocol for heart health is also followed. Including some Broccoli several times a week would also help insure the availability of the sulpher compounds needed, at least as I understand it.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”