With Or Without Food?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

twowheelfree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With Or Without Food?

Post Number:#1  Post by twowheelfree » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:07 pm

I have been taking 13,000 mg of VC and 3000 mg of Lysine with my morning bowl of wild rice with homemade almond milk. This has been tolerated quite well. Then one day I did not get up in time to prepare the rice. I took the VC and Lysine on an empty stomach. This was not tolerated very well. So when I take the supplements with breakfast, am I actually absorbing less and thus "tolerating" this well?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: With Or Without Food?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 am

We do have one report of a fellow in Wisconsin who took the Heart Technology product with fiber - without significant results. He then began avoiding taking the vitamin C/lysine with fiber, and many of his symptoms/lab results got better.

As a general rule, taking vitamin C/lysine with carbs is probably not optimum, but taking with protein probably is better.

I know that after experimentation, people report that generally, taking vitamin C/lysine in large doses about 20 minutes prior to the meal minimizes gastric symptoms.

If you can tolerate taking vitamin C/lysine "alone" this is obviously a good way to assure it is most bio-available.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Schigara
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Schigara » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:34 am

Why are you taking that much VC at one time instead of many divided doses throughout the day to achieve a dynamic flow?

twowheelfree wrote:I have been taking 13,000 mg of VC and 3000 mg of Lysine with my morning bowl of wild rice with homemade almond milk.

twowheelfree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by twowheelfree » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:32 am

[quote="Schigara"]Why are you taking that much VC at one time instead of many divided doses throughout the day to achieve a dynamic flow?

My aim is to take as high a dose as I can tolerate, and take doses throughout the day. It is the latter part that I have most difficulty with. I am working on taking another 13,000 of C and 3000 of lysine as I go to bed (which I did last night but took it with my bedtime snack).

Thanks, owen. Now I will have my supplements first thing, and then breakfast later.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”