Work up to Bowel Tolerance slowly or quickly?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

carnyard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Work up to Bowel Tolerance slowly or quickly?

Post Number:#1  Post by carnyard » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 am

Good Morning,

I've read some conflicting information regarding the most effective way to work toward bowel tolerance and I am looking for some guidance. I am using Vitamin C to treat Meniere's Disease. There is evidence that Meniere's Disease is a form of HSV-1 (Herpes) embedded in the inner ear wall. I have read articles that Vitamin C has been effective in curing other forms of herpes like Shingles. I have been slowly working up to bowel tolerance by increasing my daily dose by 1000mg of ascorbic acid every day. I am currently @ 20,000mg taken in 4,000mg doses five times per day. I read an article available here that recommends waking up in the morning and taking 3,000mg every 30 minutes until bowel tolerance is reached that day, then backing off to 2,000mg every hour until the correct daily dose is reached.

Which is better? Does it matter if you reach bowel tolerance slowly over the course of several days/weeks or should you try to reach it in one day?

Thanks,
Carnyard

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Work up to Bowel Tolerance slowly or quickly?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:41 am

I think you are doing things the right way, giving your body time to adjust to the new higher intakes. If you can tolerate as much as the other recommendation, you will get there. However, I know that curing Herpes is more complicated than just high vitamin C (but I would consider adding Lypo-C as an alternative to IVC). Ralph Lotz has personal experience with Shingles (Herpes) and has posted his personal regimen. I think in one of your posts, and I would not ignore this advice which is based on his knowledge and experience:
Based on my personal lifelong combat with HSV-1, HSV-2 and Herpes Zoster, vitamin C, Lysine and vitamin D3 (start with 50,000 IU until infection subsides) are at the top of the list. Effective virus killing helpers are quercetin, green tea, myrecetin and kaempferol, and eating apples, red onions, berries, broccoli and tea along with the supplements has worked miracles for me.

Recently I discovered a supplement called Nutracidin from VRP, which should really kick viruses in the butt:
http://www.vrp.com/immune-system/nutracidin
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

carnyard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by carnyard » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 am

ofonorow wrote:I think you are doing things the right way, giving your body time to adjust to the new higher intakes. If you can tolerate as much as the other recommendation, you will get there. However, I know that curing Herpes is more complicated than just high vitamin C (but I would consider adding Lypo-C as an alternative to IVC). Ralph Lotz has personal experience with Shingles (Herpes) and has posted his personal regimen. I think in one of your posts, and I would not ignore this advice which is based on his knowledge and experience:
Based on my personal lifelong combat with HSV-1, HSV-2 and Herpes Zoster, vitamin C, Lysine and vitamin D3 (start with 50,000 IU until infection subsides) are at the top of the list. Effective virus killing helpers are quercetin, green tea, myrecetin and kaempferol, and eating apples, red onions, berries, broccoli and tea along with the supplements has worked miracles for me.

Recently I discovered a supplement called Nutracidin from VRP, which should really kick viruses in the butt:
http://www.vrp.com/immune-system/nutracidin

I reached my bowel tolerance level @ 22g. Do I maintain a daily dose of 20-21g forever? I also take 3000mg of L-Lysine and 6000 IU of Vitamin D. Do I need to increase my L-Lysine?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:58 am

Good question about the lysine because the reason it is in stores is because of its known anti-viral powers. By doubling to 6000 mg, you would also be following Linus Pauling's therapy for preventing and reversing heart disease. I would probably do that. (Answered the question about C tolerance in another thread, but it may not be forever if your condition improves. Bowel Tolerance provides a measure of the stress your system is under.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”