Vitamin C Flush Test

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

scurvyencounters
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vitamin C Flush Test

Post by scurvyencounters » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 am

Last edited by scurvyencounters on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C Flush Test

Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 am

I guess I don't understand the word "test." The idea of flushing the bowels with high doses of vitamin C is not new. And it makes sense that as toxins are "flushed" and other conditions are eased, vitamin C bowel tolerance would decline.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

scurvyencounters
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Vitamin C Flush Test

Post by scurvyencounters » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 pm

ofonorow wrote:I guess I don't understand the word "test." The idea of flushing the bowels with high doses of vitamin C is not new. And it makes sense that as toxins are "flushed" and other conditions are eased, vitamin C bowel tolerance would decline.

I guess it means that in the context of mercury chelation, the vitamin C bowel tolerance is a practical measure of the progress that has been made in detoxifying the mercury. Perhaps that is not new at all, but since dependably accurate assessments of mercury toxicity are expensive and not necessarily attainable, it seemed interesting to me to see a doctor describing bowel tolerance as a practical home measurement of mercury detox.

Please note I have edited and expanded the quoted portion in my first post. As I reread it now, I am not sure he is exactly saying that it is a test of mercury toxicity, however, it seems useful in that way to me.

I certainly am hopeful that if my son might seem to do well with lower levels of vitamin C, it may be an indicator of the progress made in mercury detox.

Ron

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”