I keep seeing this Dr. on youtube saying

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

I keep seeing this Dr. on youtube saying

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 am

He's never seen anyone cured of heart disease by using Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid... That's its not really vitamin C is in this form...Then I keep hearing other Dr's say it doesn't matter if its natural or Synthetic its the same Vitamin C. I can't believe Dr's can have different opinions on what the hell Vitamin C really is. Yet in Dr. Rath's book and videos he calls it Ascorbic Acid...... These people make me nuts, and you have Dr. Levy saying you have to remove all filling,root canals and dental implants if you want to reverse heart disease with Vitamin C. Then you have Dr. Jeffrey Dach saying if yo have low testosterone you need to take supplements because low T increases calcium in the arteries....This S*&T never ends I feel like its a losing battle to figure it out.:(
Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: I keep seeing this Dr. on youtube saying

Post Number:#2  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I followed McDougall starch solution for 6 months but lost my mind after a while. So you believe a plant based diet reverses heart disease? I had the Esselstyn book prevent and reverse heart disease. It's very strick, no oil of any kind, no dairy, no animals. It has shown to work that's why I'm confused. The vitamin c Dr.said claim cholesterol can't be the reason for heart disease. But they also make sense if it truly was cholesterol we should gave blockages everywhere not just the few center meters of the heart. I'm taking about 18000 MG of C vitamin k plus some of the other nutrients Dr. Rath recommends.
Ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:46 am

It is difficult for doctors and the average person to believe that a vitamin C deficiency is the cause of America's number one killer. And the fix is in, because as you often repeat, studies could (and should) have been done that would provide strong evidence one way or the other. However, these studies would wind up bankrupting medicine and big pharma - so they ain't gonna happen. Without published studies, how are doctors to know any more than you do?

What I learned early, without a background in nutrition (my field was computer science) was that I could rely on Linus Pauling. At the time he wrote HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, the nutritionists were advising against eggs - because they contained the evil cholesterol, etc. Pauling's book, republished in 1986, can be relied upon. It is a wonderful foundation for nutritional knowledge, especially on the nature of vitamin C. Of course at that time, while Pauling suspected a relationship between heart disease and vitamin C deficiency, that wasn't proven to his satisfaction. That happened latter, around 1989 - after Rath brought the Lp(a) "news" to Pauling from Germany, and they ran the guinea pig experiments at the Pauling Institute that showed Lp(a) levels are related to vitamin C intake/blood levels.

p.s. a link to that doctor on youtube would be helpful - as I would be happy to add a comment :D
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 am

Owen,

Great to meet you this morning. Thanks for taking the time to discuss Vitamin C and other topics. Very much appreciated.

As I mentioned in our conversation, here is the link for the video by Dr. Berg regarding his preference for the "natural" C-complex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnvnKnu7YBI&feature=youtu.be
J. K.

The doctor seems sincere and has good intentions, and there are a lot of well intentioned people who have fallen down the “Vitamin C Complex” rabbit hole.

In Nature, vitamin C may have associations with other components, in plants, but not when vitamin C is made by animals. In virtually all animals that make vitamin C in the bodies – it is produced as one molecule – the ascorbate molecule, e.g. ascorbic acid. No such complex keeps the animal kingdom alive. We humans are one of a few rare species that cannot make our own vitamin C. See this wonderful Suzanne Humphries video of a clear explanation of the dosages (of ascorbate) the various animals produce: https://youtu.be/y0LLX0sgwAU

As far as vitamin C being the “protective coating,” it turns out that ascorbic acid is highly unstable and quickly breaks down. This made it one of the hardest vitamins to isolate. The other factors in the so-called “Complex” may enhance health, but they have nothing to do with vitamin C which by definition cures the vitamin C deficiency disease scurvy. Not only are there no studies on what Dr. Berg is discussing, (of more than 100,000 on vitamin C – ascorbic acid) but comatose patients are kept alive on ascorbic acid alone.

The idea that ascorbic acid has side effects requires references (other than an individual who had a high vitamin C IV for cancer – which is happening now all over the world – without side effects.)
Ascorbic acid has no LDL50 - no dosage has been found that kills half the laboratory animals. Water is actually more toxic than ascorbic acid.

Yes, the ascorbic acid in supplements is manufactured, but the end result, the ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate molecules are bio-identical to what the ascorbic acid in plants and animals. Furthermore, bio-identical vitamin C is very inexpensive. The so-called “natural complex” C supplements can be over a thousand times more expensive – w/r to vitamin C: Ascorbic acid.

Low ascorbic acid – means low vitamin C. Why you would look for jars with low amounts of vitamin C is beyond my reckoning.

The idea that ascorbic acid is not the active ingredient in vitamin C is wrong and I fail to understand why DC's continue in spreading this falsehood, which can cause people great harm.

If acid kills the microbes, why doesn't coca cola have the same effect? Ascorbic acid is a mild acid, on the order of cola soft drink.

We at the nonprofit Vitamin C Foundation were alerted to this video, and I am sorry to say there wasn't one sentence that is true or accurate, no matter how appealing the idea.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”