Questions for Owen Regarding Standard Process Vitamins and.

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

STUARTCBRANDT

Questions for Owen Regarding Standard Process Vitamins and.

Post Number:#1  Post by STUARTCBRANDT » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 am

Hi Owen a coulple questions about Standard Process Vitamins.

I went to a Standard Process seminar last night and the DC who gave the talk said I should not be taking Ascorbic Acid.
Now I know he is selling his products but he made a point that AA is not VC but one aspect of the complex of VC.
I told him also about Unique E and he should maybe try selling it, or at least check it out. What is the big deal with all there Vitamins being Organic and being whole food is this a big deal.
He told me I should not be taking AA but Whole food based VC, which of course he sells.
I am just asking for your feedback, from what I have been told Standard Process makes great stuff.
I also told him about Pauling and The VC and Lysine program and he said that AA will cause Kidney problems, he kind of speaks like Roberts saying Heart Disease is just inflamation. Later I spoke about that I most days drink 100 ounces of water and I should not have Kidney problems.

What is your take on this and are there Vitamins good, Standard Process that is.

Stuart Brandt

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#2  Post by DanSco » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 am

-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

antioxidant_addict

Getting through the nonsense.

Post Number:#3  Post by antioxidant_addict » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:55 pm

Hello,

Don't listen to him or believe him with regard to Vitamin C. Vit E is excellent, and Vitamin C is just as good, if not better. Both work together and protect each other.

The evidence that taking more than 1000mg of vitamin C is really rather good for you is overwhelming. Taking 4000mg every 4 hours has been shown, without doubt, to increase the blood plasma levels of Ascorbate(vit c) in the blood at least 5 times higher( if not more) over 24 hours, over just taking just 1x1000mg tablet. The protective effect of this is enormous, maximising your chances of a disease free life.

The only person you need listen to is the man who wrote the book on "The Nature of the Chemical Bond", that is, that total genius LINUS PAULING.

Take lots of time reading : " How to live longer and feel better" by Linus Pauling. It's a challenging read but and eye-opening one. He took 18,000mg's of C when he was 75 and reckoned that he had prostate cancer which was delayed for the last 15 years of his life. He lived to 94 and look amazing considering he had cancer.

Vitamin C should be re-classified as a Food group in the same manner as Protein, Carbohydrates and so on.

Vit C is responsible for essentially every process in the human body, and the more of if you can get into your body, the better it will function.

How much C do you take every day?

Steve O

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Questions for Owen Regarding Standard Process Vitamins a

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:57 pm

STUARTCBRANDT wrote:Hi Owen a coulple questions about Standard Process Vitamins.

I went to a Standard Process seminar last night and the DC who gave the talk said I should not be taking Ascorbic Acid.

These people are well intentioned, but wrong.

Now I know he is selling his products but he made a point that AA is not VC but one aspect of the complex of VC.

I have addressed this as well as I can in the NATURE OF VITAMIN C paper referenced above by DanSco. This misinformation is being accepted by most Chiropractors without question simply because Standard Process says it. But SP is wrong about this, and that has created doubt in my mind about their other ideas and products.

I told him also about Unique E and he should maybe try selling it, or at least check it out. What is the big deal with all there Vitamins being Organic and being whole food is this a big deal.

One point I tried to make in the above paper is that plants evolved not to be eaten, and we evolved to let the DNA of plants make "hard to manufacture" molecules. There is no special reason to believe that every molecule in a "natural" plant complex is especially good for us. I believe that plants have become an extension of our DNA.

He told me I should not be taking AA but Whole food based VC, which of course he sells.

Next time, besides giving him a copy of The Nature of Vitamin C paper, ask him a) how is the food processed to perserve the vitamin? In other words, how do they know it contains any vitamin C? b) What about pesticides and other environmental toxins? How do they know their products don't contain contaminants? and C) why is synthetic ascorbic acid listed on the label of every Standard Process product that has more than 100 mg of vitamin C?

I am just asking for your feedback, from what I have been told Standard Process makes great stuff.

No doubt. Well, in truth, there is some doubt.

I also told him about Pauling and The VC and Lysine program and he said that AA will cause Kidney problems,

Ask him for a reference (He has been reading too many medical textbooks which often cite this without any reference or justification. ) It simply isn't true.

he kind of speaks like Roberts saying Heart Disease is just inflamation. Later I spoke about that I most days drink 100 ounces of water and I should not have Kidney problems.

What is your take on this and are there Vitamins good, Standard Process that is.

Stuart Brandt

Remember that inflammation brings white blood cells to the injured area. And white blood cells are loaded with vitamin C. Dr. Levy believes that inflammation may simply be natures way of bringing vitamin C to tissues which lack it - localized scurvy. Don't worry about your kidneys, vitamin C will improve their health. (However, you can always check the pH of your urine, and if too acidic - take your vitamin C as sodium ascorbate, or add some sodium bcarbonate to your vitamin C)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

scorpiotiger

Re: Questions for Owen Regarding Standard Process Vitamins a

Post Number:#5  Post by scorpiotiger » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:24 pm

STUARTCBRANDT wrote:Hi Owen a coulple questions about Standard Process Vitamins.

I also told him about Pauling and The VC and Lysine program and he said that AA will cause Kidney problems, he kind of speaks like Roberts saying Heart Disease is just inflamation. Later I spoke about that I most days drink 100 ounces of water and I should not have Kidney problems.

Stuart Brandt

they say this, but they put ascorbic acid in many of their products. I asked about this, and I was told that the FDA required it- that in order for them to be able to say that a vitamin contains vitamin c, they have to have ascorbic acid as one of the ingredients.

However, I have not been able to find any law like this on the FDA site. Does anyone know anything about this?

the thing is.. they have ascorbic acid listed in supplements, where I don't see "Vitamin C" listed anywhere in the nutrient label. For instance, Cataplex A has vitamin A listed in the nutrients label, but not vitamin c. yet it has ascorbic acid as one of the MAIN ingredients.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Hoping

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 am

I was hoping someone else with more specific knowledge of the labeling rules (Ralph?) would answer. I don't know how they get away with what you describe, and it is probably worth writing a letter to the company president about it. If you want to copy us, we'll post it.

But the business about the FDA requiring them to use ascorbic acid is probably not accurate (provides them with an excuse) but it would be nice if true. It would mean that the so-called natural vitamin C complex products could NOT be labeled as vitamin C! :D
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Vitamin C = Ascorbic Acid

Post Number:#7  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:59 am

As far as the FDA is concerned, Vitamin C = Ascorbic Acid and Ascorbic Acid = Vitamin C

Food law dictates that an ingredient must be listed by its usual and common name.

This enables Standard Process to be compliant and still make their silly argument that vitamin C is a complex.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

scorpiotiger

Re: Vitamin C = Ascorbic Acid

Post Number:#8  Post by scorpiotiger » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:53 pm

Ralph Lotz wrote:As far as the FDA is concerned, Vitamin C = Ascorbic Acid and Ascorbic Acid = Vitamin C

Food law dictates that an ingredient must be listed by its usual and common name.

This enables Standard Process to be compliant and still make their silly argument that vitamin C is a complex.

now I'm really confused.. do their formulas have ascorbic acid or not?

if they say their formulas have ascorbic acid, don't they have to have ascorbic acid?

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Their formulas contain ascorbic acid

Post Number:#9  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 am

Cataplex® A-C boasts a whopping 11 mg per 2 tablets, not enough to prevent nor reverse frank scurvy.

The "food grown religion" is a tragedy.
Billions of people can enjoy increased good health with is little as 750 mg per day of ascorbic acid at a cost of about 2 cents per day.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”