What are symptoms of collagen deficiency

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

What are symptoms of collagen deficiency

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:19 am

From the email

I wonder if a saggy, jowly face is a symptom of collagen deficiency and therefore is predictor of heart disease, stroke, aneurysm, etc.

Does anyone know of any visible symptoms that are a dead give-away that someone is deficient in collagen?

Dave

Does anyone know? Obviously frank scurvy is a severe collagen deficiency
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Seymore Spectacles

just a guess

Post Number:#2  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:08 pm

This is just a guess but wouldn't "stretch marks", wrinkiles and osteoarthritis be symptoms of "collagen deficiency"?

trillian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by trillian » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:27 am

This raises a question I thought of a while back. With regard to collagen production in the skin, would there be any advantage to
regular applications of a topical vit C and water solution? Will it get absorbed and if so will it do any good or will oral doses do
any and all of that just as well ?

Catherine in Chicago

personal experience only

Post Number:#4  Post by Catherine in Chicago » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:18 am

http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp
is for the person who sent the email, and it is only intended as a springboard to research from. Though I realize they probably expect a direct answer, more background would be helpful. If it hasn't been done, they might consider researching their past medical history with specific attention to collagen deficiency. Using myself as an example: collagen+deficiency+arthritis, collagen+deficiency+joint+pain, collagen+deficiency+ thyroid, collagen+deficiency+hair+loss, etc.

They might learn more than they want to know, but they should get a more accurate picture of how collagen deficiency may apply to their current health condition. Then they could ask better questions and possibly get more helpful answers.

After learning about vitamin c and essential oils, I experimented this past year and closely monitored changes in healing, scarring and pigmentation. I am convinced that internally taking sufficient vitamin c, vitamin e, fish oil, organic flax oil, an occasional cycle of zinc, is responsible for partially evening out skin variations where dark and light scars across a redish background caused a permanent blotchiness.

Old white scars did not regain normal pigmentation, but now even cystic eruptions and overly scratched hives heal within days without leaving trace.

Almost 30 years ago when I acquired a pregnancy mask, a former "doctor" advised me to stay out of the sun as much as possible. He said sun would make the spots more obvious and cause long term hormonal problems. So I stayed out of the sun as much as possible until last year. When I pause to consider the affects of this, I wonder if he took his own advice.

This past summer, I mixed equal parts of (all organic) black walnut oil, coconut oil and sesame oil with a few drops of peppermint and vetiver. The smell drew a few fun looks at the pool, but it was actually soothing and pleasant. I was in the sun for 30 minutes twice a week during our so-called summer. I tanned gradually and evenly. In several weeks and alongside other issues, my skin looked better than it had in many years and some elasticity appeared to be restored. The only catch was a squirrel that kept trying to drag the oil bottle out from under the lawn chair. Must have been the black walnut oil.

Elasticity does disappear completely if I go off oils for even just a few days though. and the old chicken skin look returns. I don't seem to be storing those parts of oils that are beneficial to skin, but at least I've found that taking them while being in the sun regularly helps immensely. Tomorrow I'm getting a reptile lamp for work and home during the winter.

I've noticed blood draws are easier than for many years. Since I was a kid I've been told my veins left much to be desired. Still not good, but definitely improved since taking vitamin c and oils in the form of fewer sticks, less bruising and healing within days instead of weeks.

scorpiotiger

Post Number:#5  Post by scorpiotiger » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:52 pm

Thank you, Catherine. I was wondering what you thought of Palm Oil as an ingredient for your skin creme? the virgin Palm Oil is supposed to be a natural source of vitamin A and E. Seems like it would be good for the skin.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”