Is your vitamin C synthetic?

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:50 am

Owen,
With these definitions:
Natural vitamin C is vitamin C derived from a plant.
Synthetic vitamin C is not derived from a plant (nor animal) but made in a
laboratory.

R,

Dear R,

As far as I know there are very few and and highly expensive products derived exclusively from plants, (why not eat a few oranges every day?) but these products apparently ignore the problem that vitamin C is unstable, the most unstable vitamin. It is unlikely much vitamin C would be preserved in the manufacturing (squeezing) process. Even Standard Process used "synthetic" ascorbic acid in their vitamin C products - I have checked.

Some in the natural community claim that ascorbic acid is not vitamin C,but while they may be well meaning, or they may be trying to sell products, this claim is nonsense and ignores 80 years of science.

Other products claim to be "natural" because they add a "citrus complex" which has nothing to do with vitamin C.

If you have a particular product in mind, we'd be happy to investigate it.

I have written an article about so-called "natural" vitamin C here:
http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm

We also have a forum on this topic at vitamincfoundation.org/forum

Our vitamin C is the "best" you can buy - the purest.

Owen
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Is your vitamin C synthetic?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 am

As far as I know there are very few and and highly expensive products derived exclusively from plants, (why not eat a few oranges every day?) but these products apparently ignore the problem that vitamin C is unstable, the most unstable vitamin. It is unlikely much vitamin C would be preserved in the manufacturing (squeezing) process

If you think eating a few oranges a day give you enough V-C read this there more variables to it then you would beleive.
http://www.ultimatecitrus.com/vitaminc.html
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Is your vitamin C synthetic?

Post Number:#3  Post by sweetjames » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:10 am

Grow your own garden, and eat it straight from the vine is the best way to get natural vitamins, you will notice the difference in the way you feel :D

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”