C-complex reportedly the form that Linus Pauling took!?

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

C-complex reportedly the form that Linus Pauling took!?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 am

Hello.
Thank you for your wonderful and informative website. However, I wonder if you could please tell me whether or not ascorbic acid is actually the active Vitamin C or not? I have recently become aware of the work of Dr Royal Lee, who researched so called `whole food vitamin C`, reputedly the form that Linus Pauling took. His work asserts that true active vit c is a complex of compounds of which ascorbic acid is only the `outer wrapper` protecting the inner compounds of rutin, ascorbinogin, J, K and P factors and
bioflavinoids from oxidation and apparently his experiments showed that ascorbic acid on its own did not reverse scurvy. I am new to his work, but I gather that at one point in his career, a court ordered his research to be burnt, which makes me think his work must have been of the most profound, important and salient kind.

If you have a moment, I would be most grateful for a few moments of your time on this matter.
With thanks and warm regards,
sincerely,
Dr Jason H.

Very Interesting. We have written an article to address this "issue" which is a scientific non-issue. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C. See: http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm

Technically the "ascorbate" molecule is vitamin C. Sometimes it is attached to a mineral, e.g. sodium ascorbate.

If someone has tried to associate Pauling with the "C Complex" I would love to have the link! After first hearing this claim, I went to Royal Lee's company Standard Process web site and noticed their vitamin C products all had ascorbic acid listed on their labels!

Only ascorbate cures scruvy. For the "truth" in these matters, it is best start with Pauling's excellent book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”