It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:21 am

Is soy-based lecithin ok for women trying to reduce estrogen 
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Is soy-based lecithin ok for women trying to reduce estrogen
Quote:
Hello,

I am wondering if you may be able to help me with a question that I am just trying to get a definitive answer on - its regarding liposomal vitamin c encapsulation.

I am not certain that this is exactly your field but wonder if you have some advice none the less! I am making this mixture to primarily treat my adrenal fatigue. I am also taking progesterone cream to raise my progesterone levels and I have just recently balanced out my high estrogen (I am 43yrs old).

My question is, the mix calls for non GMO soy lecithin granules to be soaked in distilled water and then mixed with a distilled water and pure ascorbic acid mix. Can you tell me if it safe for me to use this non GMO soy with my hormonal issues?

I can't seem to find a clear answer and really hope you can help me?

I am wanting to take 4x one once doses a day so I would be taking a reasonable amount of the soy and receiving approx 20-25g worth of iv strength vitamin c I believe.

I know that I could substitute the soy with non gmo sunflower lecithin but I cannot easily find this in Australia - and many reports say that as long as you use the non GMO soy, it is perfectly safe.

I would really value any professional advice you can offer me.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
Mardi

Great question. Unfortunately, I do not know.

Here is what I think I know.

There is little to nothing to like about soy - but it is not as clear cut regarding soy based lecithin - as lecithin is extraordinarily good for the heart, etc. Have you seen anything that soy based lecithin can affect female hormone levels like soy?

Also, you mention adrenal fatigue. Ask your library to get William Mck Jefferies SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, 3rd Edition (2004) and focus on the many cases.

I personally had little to no cortisol output - and lived! (Thanks to almost daily IV/C and a package of prescription steroids my doctor gave me to keep out of the hospital.) I may be unique in this regard.

My adrenals do make some cortisol now, but I require daily cortisol hormone replacement, and feel fine. (I happen to take 4 mg of methyl prednisolone - which is roughly a 1/2 replacement dosage as described by the late Dr. Jefferies.)

There is really no substitute for cortisol hormone replacement for adrenal fatigue.

One thing i noticed rereading - a mix that suggests you mix with ascorbic acid has an error, because every time I ask a commercial lipsomal company, they say they cannot make liposomes with ascorbic acid - most/some of the vitamin C has to be sodium ascorbate, but I have not yet nailed down the reason.

On the other hand, I think these homemade formulas work because the vitamin C is emulsified, like taking with aloe vera or kiwi fruit. They work better (make the C more bioavailable) than ordinary vitamin C. My only concern is that it is probably not the optimal (true liposomal) form of vitamin C (such has Livon Labs Lypo-C) which are true nanoparticles of encapsulated vitamin C and in my experience, can work miracles.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:34 am
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Re: Is soy-based lecithin ok for women trying to reduce estr
There's no soy lecithin in the livon products.

Soy Lecithin is the source is the PC and other essential phospholipids, but those lipids are purified. There's no soy protien, or so DNA in the products. Just the purified lipids.

The FDA makes them put "contains soy" on the labels because that's the source.

Edit. Sorry, I didn't realize you were asking about making it yourself. I'm with Owen. Unknown.

Tracy

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:29 pm