New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Post Number:#16  Post by maryclaire » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:11 pm

I used 100% of each ingredient.

xor2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by xor2 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 pm

The author mentioned to hold 20% of lecithin to check the viscosity of the mixture. And if it is too watery slowly add the rest ...
I have also used 100% and in the end I needed to add more distilled water ...

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#18  Post by Jacquie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. I sure hope those aren't the real Washington State liquor laws; my local liquor store has 95% Everclear right out on the shelf and I'd hate to lose the supply of it.

qualityliposomalc
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#19  Post by qualityliposomalc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:28 am

xor2 wrote:Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. Sorry for my english, it is not my mothertongue.

I have made my first batch of the liposomal C using the receipt shared by "qualityliposomalc".

Here are my observations and concerns:

I am using 2.6l ultrasonic cleaner: http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?c ... &id=372810
I have bought two beakers made of boro glass. Not sure if that the glass isn't too thick for the cleaner ...
Anyway because my cleaner is rather flat I needed to split the mixture to these two 1l. beakers..

I have measured the ingredients, held 20% of the lecithin, because it was said the final batch could be too thick.
Unfortunately I threw full portion of the lecithin anyway and .... of course in the end I got very dense liquid...

With such a mixture I was unable to get rid of the bubbles in UC and needed to add almost 150 ml of additional distilled water
to get the mixture with the same viscosity like in the video on the webpage...

I wonder what proportions I could use next time, when another batch will be prepared ...
Furthermore I would like to ask you if the final receipt tastes a little acidly?

qualityliposomalc in his lab has a very professional powerful cleaner. I have only 160W one. Shouldn't I put the mixture
directly to the UC? I read in this forum concerns about stainless steel however on youtube there are many videos depicting
liposomalC production directly in UC. I am also confused when watching such videos, because they ONLY take, 1 - 2 level of tablespoon of AA for the whole 1l container ... How much of the vitamin c will be for one serving that way ...?

Hi xor2,

I haven't worked with other ultrasound machines (only that Elma you see on the website). One thing I have noticed is that after the vitamin C has dissolved into the water and alcohol you can see the cavitation induced bubble shapes appear and disappear in the liquid. Do you see that?

Also, you might try the 'aluminum foil' test inside the beaker to see if it works (search for this on youtube to see others results).

To make it less thick, just add less lecithin. I suggest holding back at least 20% and go from there.

And yes, it does still taste acidic. The C in dissolved at saturation and thus there is much much more than in the BB recipe.

Best regards,

Chris

qualityliposomalc
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#20  Post by qualityliposomalc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:29 am

Johnwen wrote:CHRIS:
Have you ever tried EVERCLEAR in your process??

Everclear is a pure grain alcohol. The brand, produced by David Sherman Corporation, comes in two strength bands, both 95% (190 proof), and 75.5% (151 proof) bottles. Although, the 95% is undeniably the most popular and most available type.

Many of the US provinces have made it illegal to buy Everclear and it's very uncommon to see the most potent of the Everclear products sold outside of America.

And it's for good reason too. Everclear is incredibly potent and should be used strictly and responsibly. Don't drink it straight!

Alcohol (ABV): 95.0% (190 proof)
NUTRITION
(per 1 oz serving)
Calories (kcal)190
Energy (kj)794
Fats 0g
Carbohydrates 0g
Protein 0g
ALCOHOL 26.9g

Its sale is prohibited in 14 U.S. states (California, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington).

IT is available on Line!!

I haven't used Everclear before, but I have provided some alternative ratios on the website for those that have it.

Best regards,

Chris

qualityliposomalc
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#21  Post by qualityliposomalc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:31 am

xor2 wrote:The thickness is definitely the problem in that receipt. Did you add 100% of the lecithin or only 80%?

I am not so sure if we can perform baking soda test for that mixture.
That test origins from Bradley receipt in which he takes relatively small amount of the vitamin c.
There are two, three tablespoons of the VC. In that receipt we have much more ... - 160 g per batch. ....

It means to me that the portion of the vitamin c not encapsulated is much bigger than in the "standard" receipt ...
what may result in such explosive reaction when making such a test ....

Tell me if I am wrong.. I hope that finally the author will come here and will try to help us :)

Hi All,

Xor2 is correct. The amount of C is much much higher than in the BB recipe which means that the 'foam' test is not comparable.

Best regards,

Chris

xor2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by xor2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:21 am

Hi,

I have included the picture of my beaker after 30 minutes of removing the bubbles.
You can see the middle layer of ... something ...

Last time after 1h:30 minutes of sonification I removed quite thick layer from the surface.

I don't know where it comes from. I am concern, if I remove it, will I not remove too much of vitamine c or lecithin?

Is it normal that such "something" is appearing?

qualityliposomalc
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#23  Post by qualityliposomalc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:26 am

HI Xor2,

That layer is just the liposomal c with some more bubbles in it. I've seen it in my mix before before as well. You might try using a little less lecithin next time. It will make the mixture thinner and the bubbles will come out more easily.

Best regards,

Chris

xor2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by xor2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Have you ever checked the PH of the final mixture? what is the value?

edray10

Post Number:#25  Post by edray10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:33 pm

I made some liposomal vitamin C pursuant to your formula over the weekend. I mistakenly put in 100% of the lecithin, so I had to water it down a little to get the jewelry cleaner to work. I used 1.4 liter jewelry cleaner and just poured it right in for the ultrasonic bath and then I removed it with a ladle and put it into mason jars and put it into the fridge - after the initial bubble removal stage and putting it in the fridge for a few hours I was able to run it in the ultrasonic bath for about 35 minutes before it started to get over 30 degrees centigrade. While using the ultrasonic bath initially I was getting huge temperature variations with some parts being 10-15 degrees centigrade hotter than other parts. I think this occurred because (i) the temperature of the liposomal vitamin C mixture varied a lot depending on where it was in the bottle while sitting in the fridge (the mixture on the outer edge of the bottle was probably much colder than the middle) and (ii) the ultrasonic bath did not heat it evenly. Once I noticed this was happening next time I took it out of the fridge I mixed it for a few minutes in the ultrasonic bath before turning it on and then while it was running I mixed periodically.

Generally seemed to go well, but I noticed when I looked at it in the fridge earlier today that it looks like the bottom 8th or so of each jar looks like just water and the lecithin level is all above. Does that mean I should mix it again before I use it? If I'm not using it regularly should I mix it regularly or only when I'm about to use it?

As an aside, I was using 95% ethanol (graves which is similar to everclear) and the formula didn't explicitly cover what to do with between 100, 70 and 40 percent alcohol, so I figured out the formula to use for how much of the alcohol mixture (in grams) should be used depending on alcohol percentage of the alcohol mix.

grams of alcohol mixture = 114.8 + (114.8 x percentage water/percentage alcohol by volume x 999.97/789). The water then used = 592.4 - the amount of alcohol pursuant to formula. With the 95% alcohol graves, it worked out to 122.5 grams of Graves and 469.9 grams of water.

This formula is necessary because water and ethanol don't weigh the same amount; ethanol of a given volume weights 0.789 times as much as the same volume of water, but the percentage alcohol in the various mixtures is based on weight not volume. This formula is based upon needing 114.8 grams of alcohol and the rest of the alcohol mixture being water.

JodOfArc

Post Number:#26  Post by JodOfArc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:46 am

Thanks so much for all your hard work! One quick question: I tried the vodka variation and used sunflower lecithin (which is a powder, not granules) and ended up with a questionable texture. Is there a recipe modification you can suggest? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks again!

bemore

Post Number:#27  Post by bemore » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 am

Vodka will not work, it is a poor solvent. You need at least 80% alcohol to be sure, you can just buy everclear.

davidmichael
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#28  Post by davidmichael » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:02 am

Hello Chris, Thanks for going to the trouble of setting up a website for our benefit. I have made my first batch of Liposmal C following your vodka instructions. The only bit I did not quite understand is the heating process in the ultrasonic cleaner. I have a relatively inexpensive one and it is shallower than yours. As the glass container sits on the plastic insert it the zapping heat is not transferred as effectively as if I poured the mixture into the actual ultrasonic metallic holder. So I stood the jar on the plastic insert and added 35centigrade water into the holder surrounded the lower part of the jar. That seemed to work. Although it is not quite ready as I still have some mixing and zapping to do it already packs one heck of a punch!! I am also wondering if it can be used as a facial skin rejuvenation serum? Have you tried this yet?

Thanks again.

davidmichael
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by davidmichael » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33 am

Also I am very curious to know if the amount of vodka or alcohol in the mix would be a contraindication to people with high blood pressure. Or who are on medication?

behealthy

Post Number:#30  Post by behealthy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Chris, Thanks SO much for the qualityliposomalc site!!! I have no idea if I'm making good stuff or not but I am trying. Your process makes lots of sense to me and it sounds like you know what you are doing so that is encouraging ;) I love that it's more concentrated. I am trusting that you know that this recipe has enough lecithin to encapsulate that much ascorbic acid? Wondered how you figured that. I have some ideas and lots of questions.
Because Dr Thomas Levy doesn't believe "do it yourselfers" are actually making liposomal c, I want to do it as good as possible, hoping that we are truly getting what we're after. I have a microscope. Could I tell anything by looking?
I have made 3 batches now with my 1.5 L ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight and an Osterizer blender. I've not had any separation and it's a thin creamy rich looking gravy. It does seem to loosen my bowels a little sometimes, though, that make me wonder if my prep is leaving un-liposomed ascorbic acid in the mix or I just need to get used to it ...?
I have tried several different experiments with containers filled with water and the tin foil test, because it's very hard to see the movement of the liquid especially if it has bubbles on top. (Which I am skimming off after the "degas" since I figured the bubbles on top might also dampen the sounds waves ..?)
1 1L beaker gets great sonification, on the plastic grate for the bottom that it came with.
2 1L beakers gets somewhat less, impossible for me to quantify.
1 gallon zip lock plastic bag with water inside it and water in the vat to marry the 2 , pretty good sonification, not great (If it worked great, thought maybe I would buy some disposable crock pot liners. Might be a good way to put mix closer to the action but not against the metal)
1 1L beaker suspended with cardboard (like your example) so the glass doesn't touch the metal , good sonification, but not sure why you did it that way since the signification seems to be better on the plastic grate.
I made one batch directly in the vat, but then got to thinking about "stainless steel" made in China and threw it out, but am thinking that Dr Levy writes that toxins, metals included, are cleaned up with it, so maybe it would have been okay ... better safe I guess.
I'm wondering about the thermal stability of ascorbic acid. Your process has us keep it at or below 35 degrees C for degasing, then under 32 degrees for rest of the process. I don't find anything about the ascorbic acid itself, only ascorbic acid in things we cook, and that it is denatured at 70 degrees, so I am confused. If, during your process, my temp gets up to 33 or 34 several times, am I okay?
Sorry this is so much, would love to hear from you and what you've learned in the last 6 months.
If this helps anyone, I buy my supplies from Herbalcom.com in Ames, Iowa. I have bought lot of stuff from them over the years and am almost always satisfied. He says his ascorbic acid and lecithin are from USA and it's cheap. Ascorbic acid is $10.45 a pound, lecithin is $6.95/pound. It's simple, comes in a dark plastic bag with a label on the outside. Std $7.something for shpng & hndlg, so order enough to last a while, or share and order with a friend.
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to pass along some advice or share experiences.
Be Healthy

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”