New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Post Number:#91  Post by dazed1 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:35 pm

pounce wrote:
dazed1 wrote:Hi guys, i would like to know how much vitamin c are you actually getting from the high potency vitamin c method,

Is it 16% - the end result? or like 1 gram liposomal c from 6ml solution?

Also one more thing, i will be using sunflower lecithin, does this contain vitamin e, and further improve the shelf life - and efficacy of the product?

Is 1 month way to long maybe and i should aim for 2 weeks batches instead of 1 month? how much of a degradation should this 30 days do? thanks.

Weigh all parts of the mix by grams. Divide the total weight by number of grams of C. That is weight of one gram of C liposomal. If you want to convert it to volume weigh it out.

I personally would not use any lecithin where you don't know the PC content or any other content.

I keep it in the fridge. I don't feel 1 month is unreasonable.

Thanks dude, what is the conclusion of regular tap water vs distilled? what should i used ?

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#92  Post by dazed1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:39 am

Hi guys i made my first batch, but the solution is quite acidic, and together with the alchohol irriates my sensitive stomach.

How much of a difference would sodium ascorbate make for future projects regarding absorption rates, knowing that SA is less efficient compared to AA.

Also how much of a difference would taking it with food make regarding the absorption again?

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#93  Post by dazed1 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:26 pm

dazed1 wrote:Hi guys i made my first batch, but the solution is quite acidic, and together with the alchohol irriates my sensitive stomach.

How much of a difference would sodium ascorbate make for future projects regarding absorption rates, knowing that SA is less efficient compared to AA.

Also how much of a difference would taking it with food make regarding the absorption again?

Anyone?

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#94  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Marcus River wrote:So I am wondering what your thoughts are on using liquid sunflower lecithin and mixing it with some 200 proof alcohol (as described in the patent) to act as a preservative and then adding to the Vitamin C & Water mix? Where in the USA does one purchase 200 proof alcohol (that's relatively cheap) which is fit for consumption?

It might be worth considering purchasing some distilling equipment if you think that you will need the alcohol regularly. However such high proof alcohol would take multiple distilling most likely as I do not think you could get the alcohol content that high with one distill. It does mean additional time and expense so you would have to consider whether it will be worth it.

Can anyone make any recommendations on what features are most useful in an Ultrasonic cleaner? Unfortunately the qualityliposomalc site does not give any tips on choosing one. The Elmasonic p60h is a very nice machine but very expensive and I could not spend that much. The multiple frequency would be useful as I would also like to use the Ultrasonic cleaner for it's intended purpose ie cleaning. Adjustable power, degass, sweep etc. Which are most useful when making liposomal vitamin c? I did see Chris' post earlier in this thread which did provide some information but did not really help narrow it down. The problem is that cheaper Ultrasonic cleaners have various features but not all of them in one model. You can get ones which have variable power and heating but no degas, sweep, pulse or multiple frequency. It is possible to buy cleaners with degas, single frequency, variable heating but without mutiple frequency or power. Therefore it seems a case of choosing either variable power OR degas. The question is which features are best to favour? Is the maximum ultrasonic power the most important feature?
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42943#p42943

ATM the following seems to offer the best for what I can afford, the VGT 1860QTS model is the one that offers the most features, degas, soft function, 1-99 minute timer, 0-80C temperature but only 150Watt ultrasonic power:
http://www.gtsonic.net/en/products/gt-sonic-qts-series-smart-ultrasonic-cleaners.html
I have a limit of about £200 to spend and the above is available for £170. That is a lot short of the cost of the Elmasonic p60h which is around £1000.

I am sure that this would be helpful to many people or at least be helpful in narrowing down the options.

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#95  Post by scottbushey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:40 am

I must say, much has happened since I last posted a few years ago. I have been motivated to revamp my prep of the LVC; In fact, I wonder how much encapsulation I have been actually achieving; both my wife and I have taken the home made formula for 5 years at least. We always snicker about getting to 'BT'. Some times the formula is worse in this regard. I never went into the finer details per se and the new process seems to be more detailed this I am thankful to the gentleman who prepared the detailed website w/ directions! I just ordered a digital scale and some beakers.

This may be a dumb question so forgive me on the onset; But what if a person has an allergy to etoh or is a abuser in the past of etoh. How much alcohol content is in the batch after all is said than done.

Also, I generally make a batch that lasts a week. The batch that is generated in this tutorial looks a lot smaller-I guess I can just double everything.

Lastly, my thinking in the past had to do with how many grams of powdered VC went into the prep to determine how much VC I was taking daily. How do you all determine this result? Is the end result the same as I have determined in the past. Like, I was thinking that we have been taking about 10-15 grams daily. Comments? :)

Thanks in advance.

SPB

vision5

Post Number:#96  Post by vision5 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:23 pm

blessings to all and to all a God day!

has anyone perfected their recipe....and if so, what is the latest most effective way of doing this recipe...

my first batch came out too brownish....i think i might have burned the VC when mixing in my vitamix blender....
alcohol tastes very strong (i had a social drinking problem in the past but now i'm sober )... i'm jsut about finished consuming my first batch....1 week later...
i wish i did't have to use that much 95% everclear...or none at all....lol

norma67 has some very good suggestions about possibly replacing alcohol with glycerol and incorporating other fatty acids like coconut oil (my favorite) into the recipe....

much love and God Health to you all my amigos .....

william and family !

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#97  Post by scottbushey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Something else came to mind....since I started making LVC, using the older method, I have sweetened the mixture using stevia. I would put the stevia in a mixing bowl once the US trx was completed. I wonder if this has any affect on the liposomes?

It makes the taste must more manageable in my estimation.

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#98  Post by scottbushey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:01 pm

The degassing step seem to be redundant....'place covered beaker in ultrasound machine'. After this step of degassing, then, essentially, do the same thing....I cant tell the difference between this step and the last.

efalconi

Post Number:#99  Post by efalconi » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi guys. My first post here. I have read in this discussion of the importance of phosphatidyl choline in creating liposomes. Some says you need around 375mg of PC per 1 gram of Vit. C. In the light of this, can we add PC into the mix to satisfy the criteria of 375mg PC per 1 gm. of Vit. C? Thanks.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#100  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:11 am

scottbushey wrote:Something else came to mind....since I started making LVC, using the older method, I have sweetened the mixture using stevia. I would put the stevia in a mixing bowl once the US trx was completed. I wonder if this has any affect on the liposomes?

It makes the taste must more manageable in my estimation.

Why don't you just react the ascorbic acid with an alkaline to reduce the acidity? Ascorbic acid with sodium bicarb or potassium bicarb producing sodium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate. You can react Magnesium carbonate with ascorbic acid to make magnesium ascorbate which would be more alkaline.

Then any vitamin c that is not emulsified in PC would not be acid.

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#101  Post by scottbushey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Well, after a week w/ this new formula, I can say that:
1) One can tell that the etoh preserves it; Previously, you could keep the batch for 1 week, max, refrigerated before it began to 'turn'.
2) Less gastric activity
3) no squirts

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#102  Post by dazed1 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:05 am

Please anyone answer me if this lecitin is good? http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Sunflowe ... 54-g/59514

if not please link some from iherb

Also can i use tap water?

mickiboi

Post Number:#103  Post by mickiboi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:28 pm

That's the brand and type I use and it's fine. I'm allergic to soy.

Don't use tap water. If you can't get distilled or RO water use cask spring water.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#104  Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:26 am

Johnwen wrote:
No they use ascorbic not SA for encapsulation because a properly made lipo goes directly into the cells of the body and is not intended to breakdown in the blood where it could change the PH balance and the kidney’s would expel it!

Then why does it say 1000mg of sodium ascorbate in the ingredients of Livon labs Lipo C?
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#105  Post by dazed1 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi guys i made a terrible mistake, and im terrifed since my hard work went to the drain :(

Basically when i needed to put the vitamin c, water, and alcohol in the ultrasonic bath and let them dissolve before the blending, but instead of that i totally forgot, and i added everything EXCEPT the vitamin c to the blender, and blend it for about 30 mins, i was very tired and i made this 2 bad mistakes then i realize i don't have vitamin c in it, so i stopped and added the vit c to the blender.

Now 2 questions.

Does the liposomes already created by the blending, will use all (or most of the lecithin) ?

Will there still be enough liposomes (if any) for the vitamin c to be encapsulated the c which i added 30 mins later? please someone answer me im dying here :(

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”