Lyme Disease Vitamin C Protocol

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Lyme Disease Vitamin C Protocol

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 am

Dr. Levy has allowed me to post this:

Hi Owen,

With regard to Lyme, I've had a number of reports indicate that persistent, high-dose IVC appears to cure advanced Lyme a significant percentage of the time. However, it appears to require 75 to 150 grams of vitamin C IV daily or 5 to 6 times weekly for 20+ IVs, with no real positive feedback for the patient until the "switch" gets flipped and they feel great. Most people have neither the patience, positive mindset, or sufficient finances to undergo such a regimen.

I believe now that a couple months, and for most Lyme patients probably a month or so, of LivOn lypo C 5 packets daily, along with bowel tolerance sodium ascorbate daily, and with, if possible, 75 to 100 grams of IVC 2 or 3 times weekly, will completely eradicate advanced Lyme a majority of the time. At the very least, most treated individuals will be rendered largely or completely asymptomatic, and they can resume their lives on lesser maintenance levels of vitamin C.

Best regards,

Dr. Levy
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Lyme Disease Vitamin C Protocol

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 am

Dear Owen,

Thank you very much for sharing this information with me. Given that most Lyme patients are suffering from neurological symptoms, I'm just curious why Drs Levey and Hunninghake, haven't considered it necessary to exploit the synergism of ascorbate and lipoic acid.

At the IVC symposium 2012, I was surprised to infer from a speech that a British physician - Dr Manjeet Riar - delivered with regard to the therapeutic benefits he has observed in cancer patients with high-dose IVC (he asserted that he treated astrocytoma by administering 150 grams of ascorbate) that it is feasible to administer lipoic acid and ascorbate simultaneously.

I'd be very grateful if you would impart Dr Levy's thoughts concerning the utility of IV lipoic acid with ascorbate in Lyme's as well as the expediency of a concurrent administration of lipoic acid + ascorbate in one bag in contrast to separate administrations of both orthomolecules, in case you should want to raise these issues with him.

Interestingly, though Dr Levey has extolled the virtues of liposomal ascorbate and GSH, respectively, I've not seen any comments from him concerning the advantages of liposomal lipoic acid.

In the context of liposomal lipoic acid kindly inform if you are still pursuing the objective of developing and offering a VitaminCFoundation-product.

Thank you again for folowing up on this matter.

Best regards.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

torisellon

Post Number:#3  Post by torisellon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 pm

I wonder if Dr Levy or anyone can offer some more information on this protocol. Below are my questions and thank you in advance for helping me understand this in grater detail.

1) Do you start at the 75- 100 grams dose or do you work up to it? How do you determine a good starting dose? (assuming you're using Sodium Ascorbate)

2) If it were possible to do the daily infusions for 20+ is it better than adding the oral and lipo C and doing fewer infusions?

3)How long is the IV administered?

4) Is Calcium Chloride used to prevent low blood sugar issues?

5) Is anything given after the IV for a herx? Another slow drip or IM shot, or does the oral and lipo C combat this?

6) any suggested emergency supplies to have on hand when doing these IV's in case there is a bad reaction?

7) After this protocol are there any nutritional deficiencies caused by such high doses of C? For example calcium blocks iron. Does C inhibit the absorption of anything that would need to be addressed post treatment?

8) What is a suggested maintenance dose?

9) If having treatment this often, would a PICC need to be done?

10) any comment on if oral Lipo GSH is beneficial? When would you take the GSH?

Again, thank you for your help!

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by AngieLynn » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:16 pm

I would love to see answers to torisellon's questions. If anyone can do that it would be so helpful.

rmfurr

Post Number:#5  Post by rmfurr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:24 am

yes, would love answers to these questions.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:24 am

Dr. Levy monitors this forum, but he does not have an account. Sometimes he will answer forum answers via email to me. In this case, there has been no response, and those interested might wish to email the good doctors directly.

Of possible interest, one of our True-Liposomal customers, who has purchased an enormous number of bottle of our China-free True Liposomal, posted this description of his problem (Lyme disease) and why the liposomal works for him ( the sickest patient his doctor has seen).
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12264
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 am

bump to archive
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”