Correct Intravenous Vitamin C Protocol (Now you tell me!)

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Correct Intravenous Vitamin C Protocol (Now you tell me

Post Number:#31  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:44 am

Both good points and I look forward to your research findings... (Some day we hope to be able to fund Vitamin C research...)

Regarding the saliva tests. I have heard ZRT labs is an excellent laboratory and may even have taken their saliva hormone tests.http://www.zrtlab.com/patients-standard-tests/saliva (And I noticed you can order the test directly through Amazon http://www.amazon.com/AM-Cortisol-Hormone-Imbalance-Testing/dp/B004BT8FGC

However, the saliva tests that my doctor ordered, and that appeared to be surprisingly accurate for cortisol, was from a different company. I will have to remember at home to find the lab report (and will edit this post).

The breakdown of vitamin C in water is apparently dependent on time, concentration, temperature, ions in the solution, etc. The only thing going for these commercial injections is that a) they are highly concentrated, and b) I noticed they contain EDTA.

Our doctor friends ideas of sterile dry-vitamin-C powder vials is excellent and can eliminate the time issue. (Our local compounding pharmacy however was unable to sterilize such a product).

The way to avoid any question of IV potency is to mix per Catchart just prior to IV administration, and even better, use high quality sodium L-ascorbate, such as DSM Quali-C

As far as locating published information, I have noticed that pharmacists, especially our compounding pharmacist, had access to information/journals I am not privy too. You might ask one if they can find the information you are looking for.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Correct Intravenous Vitamin C Protocol (Now you tell me

Post Number:#32  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Dave0511, I went looking for pharmacists' literature, and happened across this.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0731708501006616

Abstract

Vitamin C content in fresh and freeze-dried herbal juice, such as guava (Psidium guajava Linn.) emblic myrobolan (Phyllanthus embica Linn.), lemon (Citrus aurantifollia Swing), sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum Linn.) Garcinia schomburgkiana Pierre and passion fruit (Passiflora laurifoia Linn.) was determined by direct titration with iodine. The method showed excellent linearity (r2>0.99) over the concentration ranges tested (100–500% of the amount found in the juice samples), good precision (R.S.D.<1.5%) and recovery (>97%).

The limit of detection and limit of quantitation were 2.2 and 7.3 mg, respectively. The amount of vitamin C found were 80.1 mg/100 g for guava, 226.0 mg/100 g for emblic myrobolan, 52.8 mg/100 g for sweet pepper, 39.1 mg/100 g for passion fruit, 10.5 mg/100 g for lemon and 4.6 mg/100 g for G. schomburgkiana.

The stability of vitamin C during the first 4 weeks was remarkably improved after freeze-dried process. The percent reductions of vitamin C after freeze-dried process were 41.4 and 20.4% for guava and emblic myrobolan, respectively. After 8 weeks, the freeze-dried samples contained only traces amount of vitamin C tested by thin layer chromatography.

If this is a simple and easy method (similar to science projects we have posted) that can estimate vitamin C content this accurately, then perhaps we can have a method for testing the IV/C solution before IV administration?

Here is another one for future reference
ESTIMATION OF ASCORBIC ACID IN ORANGE JUICE BY A CHRONOMETRIC METHOD
http://fshs.org/proceedings-o/1974-vol-87/210-213%20%28BONGWOO%29.pdf

Added
Non-spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Vitamin C
[url]
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 7000009090[/url]
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

mihanico

Re: Correct Intravenous Vitamin C Protocol (Now you tell me!)

Post Number:#33  Post by mihanico » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:39 am

Hello!

Can you pleeease tell me, after a 25 grams Cathcart drip, how many grams of Mcguff ascorbic acid should I do in order to relieve the Herxeimer reaction?

Two days ago, my husband and I, which are both highly intoxicated and have a viral load that is pretty high, tried to do our first 25 grams Cathcart drip, and, after the first 10 grams, I started shaking like crazy, I stopped it and had a major Herxeimer. I felt badly for almost 2 days.
I think hypocalceamia kicked in. So we should have calcium gluconate first.
My husband felt a strong Herx also.

So we got pretty discouraged. I just read these posts here and I understand we have to also do an antioxidant slow drip in Mcguff style.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#34  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:42 am

Any update? We recently had another report of a similar reaction. (I wonder if you can emulate the mild commercial IV/C by simply slowing down the Cathcart drip towards the end?)

And johnwn - or another doctor - how would you "slow down" an IV drip?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

davea0511
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#35  Post by davea0511 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm

mihanico wrote:Hello!

Can you pleeease tell me, after a 25 grams Cathcart drip, how many grams of Mcguff ascorbic acid should I do in order to relieve the Herxeimer reaction?

Two days ago, my husband and I, which are both highly intoxicated and have a viral load that is pretty high, tried to do our first 25 grams Cathcart drip, and, after the first 10 grams, I started shaking like crazy...

Tremors most likely caused by a dehydrated condition, caused by your intoxication. Increase your fluid intake by at least 8 to 16 ounces before and after, if you are treating intoxication, or your blood sugars might do weird things ... causing the tremors. Eating might also help, and yes you are correct that an IV push of 10 mL’s of calcium gluconate, 1.0 mL per minute would probably help. Adding 1.0 mL of MgCl may help as well.
The ascorbist-greeting:
"Score big, eh eh?", "Is yea.", "Excelente'."

(igpay-atinlay of: "Ascorbic?","Yes.","Excellent.")
Short-form: "Score?", "Score." [knuckle bump]

Jason0110101

Post Number:#36  Post by Jason0110101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:34 pm

So is it right to say that sodium ascorbate powder is 2x as good as ascorbic acid powder?

Isa

Post Number:#37  Post by Isa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi all. I'm from India. My wife and I have been taking oral vitamin c but my wife has been diagnosed with epilepsy and and she is also on the autistic spectrum. She is on Lamotrigin 250mg and she is also on estradiol. We noticed that her liver is not using all the vitamins she has been taking. She had jaundice few years back and after that her liver can't handle too much load. I was thinking of giving her cathart's IV C with sodium ascorbate. I have a sodium ascorbate crystal powder by NOW with me. Is this a good C crystal powder? Could some one tell me how to mix them please? because we have only plastic IV bags here glass IV bottles are replaced by plastic bags in our country. Is there anything else I need to be careful when I start IV C? Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#38  Post by musashie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:49 am

o

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#39  Post by dectiri » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:08 am

per FDA [when we were using the compounding pharmacy for our veterinary needs for Injectible C] there was EDTA and some parabens and other stuff in the commercial injectible C....

yuch..

the compounding pharmacy took 24 hours to produce the ampules we wanted, and that was considered excellent turnaround time.... clearly the FDA has NO INTENTION OF SAVING LIVES.

lin

Post Number:#40  Post by lin » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:11 am

My story: Diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC) 2 years ago. Had IPT and surgery and at the time my SCC Marker was 1.3. Started strict full Jane McLelland protocol, diet etc. Also started Vitamin C w/doxycycline 1g/kg of body weight using DSM Quali C. The SCCM (marker) went to 33 after 3 months. As I subsequently discovered all Vitamin C made from corn, that is 99% of all Vitamin C made in the world, will grow tumours rapidly and aggressively despite all other efforts. Looking for non-corn source of Vitamin C I found Pharmalife at vitaminciv.wordpress.com in Romania. Just to see what the effect of their VITA C IV (Vitamin C + Sodium Bicarbonate) product will be I made tests before and after without changing anything in my diet or supplements, just added IVC. Had 5 IVC injections. The resulting tests: 22/2/22 SCCM was 18 and on 7/3/22 it was already 56.9. I was in shock and in a lot of pain. So as a cancer treatment it did the opposite of expected. Pharmalife swore that their IVC is corn free and declined to even discuss my results after sending them the tests. Hoping to survive this fraud.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#41  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:11 pm

I think you need to look at an alkaline treatment such as Cesium Chloride. Vit C can be used as a treatment but makes things more acidic and painful and the toxemic die off of the cancer can cause problems.

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”