Is Sodium Ascorbate Safe?

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Is Sodium Ascorbate Safe?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:55 am

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/177519/is- ... rbate-safe

Actually, this is a pretty good article, other than this one sentence
However, the drawback is the sodium content of this preparation, which is 131 mg of sodium salt per 1,000 mg of ascorbic acid, enough to aggravate existing hypertension or heart failure among some of these patients
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Is Sodium Ascorbate Safe?

Post Number:#2  Post by gofanu » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:48 am

ofonorow wrote:Actually, this is a pretty good article, other than this one sentence

Really??? Is that all you can find wrong with this BS?
If you are going to present yourself as a "spokesman" for vitamin C, I think it is irresponsible to bring attention to such crap, and then review it as you have.
Your tacit endorsement of the rest of it amounts to a total betrayal of everything we know about "vitamin C".

The only significant valid point this guy makes is a comparison of some ill defined overpriced sodium ascorbate product versus (presumably) generic "vitamin C", while implying that this price is a characteristic of "sodium ascorbate". Wrong

"But today, as a rule, people who eat normally do not lack vitamin C in their system." Wrong
"Vitamin C supplement is actually not necessary unless gastrointestinal problem, like mal-absorption, is present." Wrong
" Also, the multivitamin and minerals most people take once daily already contain 60 mg – 90 mg of ascorbic acid, which meets our daily need." Wrong wrong wrong!
"" Megadose of any vitamin is unsafe." Wrong.

"Vitamin C supplements (pills or potion) could interact..." Yep, might make them work!
"or interfere with medicines we take or treatments, like chemotherapy and radiation treatment among cancer patients." Yep, might make them non toxic.
" The mode of action is still unclear." AKA "We don't know WTF we are talking about" Because we have buried it far too deep in the manure pile.
" In a clinical study, vitamin C together with other antioxidants like beta carotene, selenium, and vitamin E, was found to reduce the cardio-protective effects of drugs taken in combination, like statin and niacin, cholesterol-lowering pills." Can't argue the point, since the study is not named, referenced, or linked; Don't believe it.

"Before taking any medication, even over-the-counter supplements, it is prudent to consult your healthcare provider for guidance." Who doesn't know anything about it, won't read anything you give him, and who will argue with anything that might indicate he and his tribe are a bunch of thieving idiots.

Those are just the simple factual points; I haven't got the energy to argue implication, innuendo, and bad writing.

"Let us separate facts from myths and misinformation from scientific data."
GOOD IDEA, let's try that.

FRM

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:04 am

Thank you! I stand corrected. :oops:
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Horsea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Horsea » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:14 am

Really??? Is that all you can find wrong with this BS?
If you are going to present yourself as a "spokesman" for vitamin C, I think it is irresponsible to bring attention to such crap, and then review it as you have.
Your tacit endorsement of the rest of it amounts to a total betrayal of everything we know about "vitamin C".

Well, I must say, you sure are a modest person and don't mind being somewhat crudely corrected, Owen. (I'd have been a bit nicer.)

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”