It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 am

Does splitting the dosage reduce GI side effects? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Does splitting the dosage reduce GI side effects?
I got your message Owen and forwarded it to my friend. I, as I may have mentioned was taking 5gms./day all at once. I started to have some GI effects, so I cut back to 4gms. I no longer need the Prozac, and have cut way back on the Ritalin as well as the Xanax. Could I avoid the GI effects and go back up to 5 gms/day by splitting the dosage times?

Also, I beleive I could benefit greatly by adding the GSH, but reading in the literature that it has a 'rotten egg' taste due to the sulfur component-I just don't think I could get it down without gagging. That is, unless I could swallow something immediately after to remove the aftertaste. Would doing that effect its efficacy? If so, I'm going to have to search out a B Complex from somewhere else that is just as bio-available as GSH, but in capsule form. Any thoughts?

poisade1

Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Re: Does splitting the dosage reduce GI side effects?
Yes, splitting the dosage should reduce GI side effects.

According to Hickey/Roberts as described in their book ASCORBATE: THE SCIENCE OF VITAMIN C (lulu.com/ascorbate) the half life of vitamin C in the blood is 30 minutes, and the amount to keep blood levels consistently at their highest is 500 mg every 3 to 4 hours. (For me, this is not convenient so I tend to take my 9000 mg twice per day.)

Getting off drugs is always a plus.

I have noticed that the benefits far outweigh any disadvantage, (judging from the shortage at Livon.) If you take it the proper way - there is NO taste. Tear the Lypo-GSH packet, and drop the contents into a glass filled with just the amount of water or juice you can swallow in one gulp.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 am