It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 am

Bursitis 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Bursitis
What do you think of taking vitamin C for bursitis (of the hip or shoulder)? Tks.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Re: Bursitis
Couldn't hurt.

What little I now know is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bursitis

I am interested in what others think.

Generally, vitamin C is good for reducing inflammation, but this sounds like some kind of irritation that has developed and is causing the inflammatory response. If chronic, it means that the constant inflammation is not repairing the problem, (and may be making the problem worse), so, yes, high dose vitamin C to reduce the inflammation. And, depending on age, I would recommend checking cortisol levels. For middle age and beyond, it is now my belief that all excessive inflammation and pain can be controlled with sufficient cortisol, and that most people as the age become at least a little deficient in their ability to produce cortisol. This inability can be aggravated by stress. (The hardest part is finding a doctor willing to prescribe it!)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks so much for your opinions and info. I should think that Chinese herbs might assist in bringing up cortisol levels. Best, maybe, to try something to encourage your body to make some more of its own, rather than consume the substance fully formed from the outside. Depends on one's level of decrepitude, maybe.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Quote:
I should think that Chinese herbs might assist in bringing up cortisol levels.

If you find something let me know, although the reasons for insufficient cortisol output can vary, e.g. 90% of adrenal cortex cells died, the brain isn't producing the ACTH hormone that stimulates the adrenals to produce cortisol, or another hormone (CHF) insufficiency, or various cell receptor problems (to these hormones) that can develop over time, etc.

The only guaranteed fix is to take subreplacement cortisol.

Dr. Gonzalez believes in adrenal extracts.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think there is no solution than external Hydrocortisone until the stressor is removed. Athrophy of the glands is normal when resitance phase is over. From my experience, when stressor is removed, homeostasis will certainly occur at some point.....

There are a lot of supps wich will help to recover, e.g. vitamin B5, enough thyroid hormones (hypothyrodism is a stressor) vitamin c etc.
Recently i ordered a bottle of LEF Adrenal Energy Formula. It reduces the boddies need for cortisone and helps in reaching homeostasis. Furthemore i upped my Se intake to 400 -1000mcg (LEF Se Complex) wich kickstarted my thyroid.
The Adrenal Energy Formula has had imediate effect, it eliminated the akute sympthomes of HC deficiency (e.g. tremor, psychic tenderness etc.).

Any way, in some cases, the problem is the removal of the stressor, especially when dental problems are the cause. The truth is, that one rot canal, one poison like formaldehyde, organophophates, mercury etc. burid within the jaw bone or any spot of infection caused by those is sufficient stress to kill or cause any of the modern diseases.

Orthomolecular medicine can help, but i am not sure if it can solve the underlying pathology. IMHO the sure way to solve those problems is toohtextraction, followed by daily cotton drainage and tetracycline salve or if infection is resistent something else as long as it needs to heal the wound from bottom up. There should be no infection on the x ray anymore.

Same is during Hg chelation (e.g. following Cutler). Symptomes can not controlled by vitamins alone (may be via IV). Cortisone replacement is IMHO needed, or adrenal burn out is unavoidable. May be this depends how much stress you have to cope with your daily life.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:42 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Regarding the topic, i would think B6 and probably B3 should take care of this (i always assume at least 3 g vitmin c as basic... :mrgreen: )

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 am