It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Dentist recommending root canals 
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Dentist recommending root canals
Quote:
My dentist is recommending root canals on my two front teeth due to shadows found at their roots on my x-rays.

I’ve upped my daily vitamin c dosage to around 17 grams with no bowel tolerance issues. I was wondering of you’ve had any experience with folks using vitamin c (or any other substance) to reverse tooth abscesses?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I’d love to avoid root canals, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jon

I know that Dr. Thomas Levy and/or Hal Huggins have written an entire book on this topic, but the name escapes me. (Somebody here should know.)

It might be http://www.amazon.com/The-Price-Root-Canals-Weston/dp/B000BF44AQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357767802&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=levy+huggins+root+canal but I thought there was a Levy/Huggins book other than UNIFORMED CONSENT.

Your high daily vitamin C requirement is indicative of some problem.

I would never have a root canal, but I admit, while I have discussed the alternatives with two dentists, I am not really sure about what the alternative is! (I can give you a name of a dentist in Hinsdale Illinois who will correct the problem without root canals).

I myself had abscesses removed (in the manner of Hal Huggins), sometimes called cavitations that were apparently draining to my tonsils. (Do you have sore throats?).

After my tonsils were then removed - feel pretty darn well, (But I use waterpicks/
jets on my teeth everyday now.)

My high vitamin C intake did not get rid of the dental abscesses and/or tonsil problems.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Re: Dentist recommending root canals
The correct book was
The Roots of Disease
Connecting Dentistry and Medicine

http://bookstore.xlibris.com/Products/SKU-0014557002/The-Roots-of-Disease.aspx

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 pm
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

I would read up on Weston Price. Specifically you need fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A, D, and K.

C will synthesis the bone collagen needed, but you need the other vitamins to put the minerals where they're suppose to go.

There's a whole thread on this topic started below by me.

Tracy

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9968

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

If you go to oneRadioNetwork.com and search for dental healing you should find your way to http://oneradionetwork.com/health/dr-st ... er-6-2012/

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

gofanu said his gum problems didn't go away until he was taking 40-80,000 (high to start, lower number for maintenance) IU of vitamin A.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 pm
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

I've been following the High-Dose Vitamin A regimin myself, and when I went to the Dentist last, my teeth didn't hurt. Usualy they hit a nerve while they're cleaning because I have a few exposed roots. This time it didn't hurt at all.

I believe it was the high-dose vitamin A. It must have regrew some of the gums that had been damged when I used to use a hard bristol tooth-brush 10 years ago.

Now, I stopped taking it for about 2 weeks, and the nerve pain came back. I went back on regime 2 days ago, and they don't hurt anymore again.

So, I do believe high-dose vitamin A is very helpfull.

Tracy

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

diet alone aint enough to reverse tooth decay (the tooth decays waaay faster than it regenerates, even if you keep very good hygiene)

BUT that dont mean you need root canal

just find a real dentist who's competent enough to put crown on LIVE tooth (so without killing the tooth)

the crown will protect & isolate the tooth

remember: a root canal means sooner or later your gonna have to remove the tooth anyway! so its never worth it. even extraction is better than root canal

also remember: vitamin A is one of the Dangerous vitamins (excess dose is almost as dangerous as not enough of it!)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:47 pm
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

dementor wrote:
also remember: vitamin A is one of the Dangerous vitamins (excess dose is almost as dangerous as not enough of it!)

Only when you aren't also taking adequate amounts of Vitamin D.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

randian wrote:
yeah it neutralizes D or something but that's not the only prob right?

too much A also kills the liver (D can't prevent that) and causes hair loss (yipes! dont wanna look 25yrs older. lol)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Root canals are generally avoided if at all possible. But if needed, find a wholistic dentist who is familiar with ozone injections. Excellent book "Whole Body Dentistry" written by Mark Breiner, DDS and his website is extremely informative. Look through the newsletter he has written. One of the best sources out there for issues with root canals, cavitations (NICO), almagams, etc...

http://www.wholebodymed.com/library_education.php

TL

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 pm
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

And if you take enough Vitamin K2 with the Vitamin D and A, the K2 will direct the Calcium, and other minerals into the bones and teeth to help regenerate them. A High phosphorus diet is also essential.

Tooth decay can be arrested. But you have to eat high quality food (which, in our industrialized food production economy is arguably very difficult.)

TRacy

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:13 pm
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Tracy/Skyorbit - congrats on finding out that vitamin A supplementation reduces your tooth pain (Sounds like Weston-Price!)

dementor wrote:
randian wrote:
yeah it neutralizes D or something but that's not the only prob right?

too much A also kills the liver (D can't prevent that) and causes hair loss (yipes! dont wanna look 25yrs older. lol)

Vitamin A is stored in the liver - to provide life if you run short of supply in the diet. That is how important vitamin A is. You require it every day, and if you don't eat any, the liver releases some into the blood stream - keeping you alive.

Kill the liver?? Hair loss? You have to be careful believing what you read in our wonderful world media. Vitamin A causes cells to differentiate, which is why it is such a potent anti-cancer (cancers = highly undifferentiated cells) substance, competing with costly chemotherapies. The press has been trying to dissuade people from using vitamin A, and recently I found it was removed from the shelves of our local drug store!

Pauling (based on the advice of Roger J. Williams) recommended 25,000 iu of vitamin A daily.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ofonorow wrote:
Vitamin A is stored in the liver - to provide life if you run short of supply in the diet. That is how important vitamin A is. You require it every day, and if you don't eat any, the liver releases some into the blood stream - keeping you alive.

Kill the liver?? Hair loss? You have to be careful believing what you read in our wonderful world media. Vitamin A causes cells to differentiate, which is why it is such a potent anti-cancer (cancers = highly undifferentiated cells) substance, competing with costly chemotherapies. The press has been trying to dissuade people from using vitamin A, and recently I found it was removed from the shelves of our local drug store!

Pauling (based on the advice of Roger J. Williams) recommended 25,000 iu of vitamin A daily.[/color]

thats the prob, the liver can store extra vitaminA, but what if theres too much vitA? its not water soluble, so unlike vitC, it cant get rid of the extra vitA easily

hypervitaminosis A is a well know thing btw :!:

vitA is like 2-edge sword, its the most important vitamin but also the most dangerous if taken in excess!

btw its EASY to get enough vitA you dont need supplements: just take carrots everyday its way cheaper and you got MORE then what you need!
also take cod liver oil if u wish (watch out, easy to overdose on A with that)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 am
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

dementor wrote:
thats the prob, the liver can store extra vitaminA, but what if theres too much vitA? its not water soluble, so unlike vitC, it cant get rid of the extra vitA easily

No toxicity has ever been shown for naked vitamin A at less than 100,000 UI/day, and even then it takes weeks for toxicity to appear. 25,000 (or even 50k) IU is quite safe. If that's not safe enough for you, take a 1:5 ratio of vitamin D, which is a good idea by itself given the myriad benefits of D.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm