Liposomal vitamin c during labor.

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

FishermansWife
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Liposomal vitamin c during labor.

Post Number:#1  Post by FishermansWife » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:02 pm

After two years of megadosing vitamin c I have finally bought some livon labs lipo c. I'm planning on taking it to recover from delivering my baby in a week or two. Then I thought perhaps it would be good during labor. Have there been any experiences with lipo c during labor? Should I just stick to ascorbate? I have fairly quick under an hour labors and don't want anything to change this.
My 5 year old Kota, "I know what vitamin c does, it hugs your heart."

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Liposomal vitamin c during labor.

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 am

Phosphatidylcholine which is what the lipo is made from has been shown to kill the thromboblast cells.
These cells are explained here!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast

As you can see they play an important part of fetal development all thru the pregnancy. The last thing you want to do at this important stage is to start knocking off these cells.

They have done tests on pregnant lab rats with this and they messed up the new born rat’s immune function and causes birth defects.

With these negativity’s in mind I would have to say to hold off on the lipo till about a month or two after they are out!! So, stick with the regular V-C you have been taking. This has been proven many times that it is beneficial to the unborn and aids in it’s development and health after birth. The reason for the wait is it allows the body time to naturally eliminate these cells without interference another lysising agent may cause.

Livon and others say to consult your doc before taking if pregnant. Which is a good indicator they are not sure.

Which your doc would probably give you a blank stare and tell you no because he probably never heard of it and why risk it!!!

Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

FishermansWife
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by FishermansWife » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Johnwen thank you for this very important information. I'll just have to put off taking it, which is such a bummer because i have a raging cold and would have loved to experiment.

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by OxC » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:09 pm

FishermansWife wrote:After two years of megadosing vitamin c I have finally bought some livon labs lipo c. I'm planning on taking it to recover from delivering my baby in a week or two. Then I thought perhaps it would be good during labor. Have there been any experiences with lipo c during labor? Should I just stick to ascorbate? I have fairly quick under an hour labors and don't want anything to change this.

It appears you are very close to delivery. Congratulations! Since it appears you have been taking megadose vitamin C throughout your gestation, there is a study I think you should be aware of. I'm not a physician and am not offering medical advice.

The conditioning effect of large doses of ascorbic acid in guinea pigs.
The influence of prolonged exposure of guinea pigs to excessive ascorbic acid (AA) on the outcome of pregnancy, as well as the adaptive effect of the vitamin either during preweanling life or following weaning, were examined. Continuous exposure to AA (1 mg/mL drinking water) from the time they were first mated up to the time of second pregnancy, had no significant effect on the number of offspring and on their weights at birth, when compared with that of the animals receiving 0.1 mg AA/mL drinking water. However, change in AA intake from 1 to 0.1 mg/mL drinking water, at the age of 21 days, resulted in a significant loss in body weight and reductions in the plasma, leukocyte, and adrenal concentrations of AA, as compared with those of the pair-fed animals receiving 0.1 mg/mL drinking water throughout. The present study also indicated that the conditioning effect is less pronounced in guinea pigs when exposed to the high AA following weanling age than in utero.

I do not have the full text of this article, so I'm not able to comment on any specifics. However, in another article that cited this study, the authors said this:
Basu (1985) examined the influence of prolonged exposure of guinea pigs to excessive Ascorbic Acid on the outcome of pregnancy, as well as the adaptive effect of the vitamin either during preweanling life or following. Duncan-Hartley guinea pigs were maintained on a stock pellet diet containing 70 mg Ascorbic Acid/100 g, and water was given ad libitum containing either 1 mg or 0.1 mg Ascorbic Acid/ml. The total intake of
Ascorbic Acid per animal was not recorded. Females in two groups (test and control) were mated. The test groups received extra dietary Ascorbic Acid in their drinking water each day for two weeks before mating. In treated groups, the pregnant females continued to receive extra Ascorbic Acid.

Following birth three pups were put with one lactating mother, and at 21 days of age, the offspring were separated from their mothers and the females were put back with males for further mating. These weanlings were divided into two groups: group A was maintained on 1 mg Ascorbic Acid/ml drinking water, while group B was reduced to 0.1 mg/ml during the first 31 days of post-weanling life. At 31 days these animals were killed.

The control animals were also mated and the offspring were separated from their mothers at 21 days. For four weeks, the offspring were maintained on 1 mg/ml Ascorbic Acid in the drinking water. The animals were then divided into two groups: group 1 continued on 1 mg/ml Ascorbic Acid for the next 4 weeks, while group 2 received 0.1 mg/ml. At the end of 4 weeks, the animals were killed. All animals became pregnant; no significant difference was observed between the groups, neither in terms of the number of offspring per pregnancy, nor in their weights at birth.

Continuous dietary administration of 0.1 mg/ml Ascorbic Acid from intrauterine life resulted in a significantly higher body weight gain at all periods studied compared to normal intake. However, change in the Ascorbic Acid treatment from high to normal amounts resulted in a marked loss in body weight by 31 days. This reduction also led to the development of scurvy-like signs, which were characterized by deep elevations on the paws and legs, swollen knee joints, enlarged epiphyses of ribs, and impaired joint movement. The plasma, leucocyte, and adrenal concentrations of Ascorbic Acid were measured in all groups of animals at the end of 31 days. Concentrations were significantly higher in animals in the high-supplementation group compared to those who received 0.1 mg/ml Ascorbic Acid. However the offspring of guinea pigs given high supplementation throughout pregnancy and lactation, followed by normal Ascorbic Acid had significantly lower Ascorbic Acid concentrations in their plasma, leucocyte, and adrenals than did controls (Basu 1985).
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

FishermansWife
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by FishermansWife » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:34 am

Thank you for this study. I've done allot if research on this and plan to supplement the baby when she arrives to prevent any rebound scurvy. Although I'm not quite sure it will be necessary as I'm going to up my daily dose back to 25 grams per day and push the breastfeeding as much as possible. I recommended high doses to a couple women during pregnancy and they experienced no rebound scurvy after birth just exceptional health of the baby. One mom said the doctor was even amazed at the size of the umbilical cord. Mentioning that it was very healthy. Hopefully soon I will see for myself. I do have to say that high doses of vitamin c has made this pregnancy way easier than my last three. No complications, sleep issues, etc..

FishermansWife
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by FishermansWife » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:33 pm

Johnwen wrote:Phosphatidylcholine which is what the lipo is made from has been shown to kill the thromboblast cells.
These cells are explained here!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast

As you can see they play an important part of fetal development all thru the pregnancy. The last thing you want to do at this important stage is to start knocking off these cells.

They have done tests on pregnant lab rats with this and they messed up the new born rat’s immune function and causes birth defects.

With these negativity’s in mind I would have to say to hold off on the lipo till about a month or two after they are out!! So, stick with the regular V-C you have been taking. This has been proven many times that it is beneficial to the unborn and aids in it’s development and health after birth. The reason for the wait is it allows the body time to naturally eliminate these cells without interference another lysising agent may cause.

Livon and others say to consult your doc before taking if pregnant. Which is a good indicator they are not sure.

Which your doc would probably give you a blank stare and tell you no because he probably never heard of it and why risk it!!!

Hope this helps!

Howdy Johnwen! I am wondering if you can reference this information for me. I have several pregnant women interested in liposomal vitamin c yet i cannot seem to find studies on this info. Thanks!

VitaminEnthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by VitaminEnthusiast » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi Johnwen, I'm quite a newbie with Vitamin C but I'm very interested in understanding how the Liposomal C works.
I tried to search for references about what you are stating but had no luck so far.

Instead I've found several articles explaining how important it is to supplement with Choline / Phosphatidylcholine during pregnancy.
Could you please provide the link to the article / study you are referring to?

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”