The General Discussion Overview

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The General Discussion Overview

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:19 am

Over the years we have answered hundreds of questions via email. The forum allows us to answer questions, but allow all other members to see our answers and provide additional comments. If the question is about vitamin C, it is fair game.

The general discussion is open to the general public and to anonymous users.

If you have questions about finding medical professionals who will administer vitamin C intravenously, please use the Providers forum.

If you have questions/comments on particular brands or products of vitamin C, please use the Products forum.

Otherwise, feel free to add to an existing topic or create a new one.

Note: You must register for the Providers and Products forums.

There is a private messaging facility that can be used to ask questions of the Founders or our doctors/experts.

Initially, the forums will not be moderated. If this proves unworkable, we will change the format. We reserve the right to delete offensive material. We expect to learn a great deal, and hope you will too.

Owen Fonorow
Co-Founder
Vitamin C Foundation
Lisle, IL USA
Last edited by ofonorow on Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

allowed themes in the forum

Post Number:#2  Post by Guest » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:18 am

The Vitamin C Foundation has on it's website numerous links to other orthomolecular themes (vitamins, etc), not only to those dealing with vit C (for example vit D against influenza). My question is, whether I am allowed to bring up issues that deal with other vitamins, minerals etc. Is this forum useable for the whole spectrum of orthomolecular medicine, or just for vit C?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Topics

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:22 pm

People visiting this web site would be most interested in vitamin C, but at this point, we won't restrict topics in the general discussion. If people don't like your discussion, they can give you feedback. So, anything goes - for now.
Owen

user name

Post Number:#4  Post by Guest » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:21 pm

Owen,

When I write my user name, Dolev, in the USERNAME box, I receive a message that the user name is taken. I know it is because it's mine. What do I do about it?

jo

Re: user name

Post Number:#5  Post by jo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:23 am

I think you should log in properly before posting messages. What you see is from the viewpoint of a guest. A guest can not write in the name of a registered user. That would mean faking the registered user. LOG IN once more, because your first attempt of logging in probably has not succeed.

Post Number:#6  Post by Guest » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:06 am

Hi Jo :wink:

Unfortunately not everyone has been able to REGISTER successfully at this stage :cry: but that doesn't mean that we're not trying our best to either. I've emailed Owen 2x for help, and believe that it'll arrive shortly :lol: when he has a little more time on his hands! :P

@nnie :wink:

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Help with registering/logins

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:22 pm

Part of our security requires that you click on a link that we email to you. How
do we otherwise know it is really you? We do have the power to reset/change passwords,
and I'd recommend sending me a private message with your login and new password,
otherwise I could delete you - and you could start over. Please post any other problems.
Thx.

jo

subdividing "general discussion"

Post Number:#8  Post by jo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:09 pm

I don't know if it's a good idea, but how about subdividing the general discussion forum into "vit C issues" and into other vitamin and mineral and whatsoever issues. Maybe more than this two divisions will be necessary.

PS:
If people read about vit C and try it as a cure they find it a wonderful thing, but they forget to read on, and try the other substances also (synergy effect). I know this because I made this same mistake too. Orthomolecular isn't only about vit C. Of course vit C is the most powerful of them all, but you can't win a war with only air supremacy, you need also troops, artillery and so on. You need the other vitamins, minerals etc. too. Read about them (on the WEB). Knowledge of the people is the greatest threat to the Big Harmaceutical Companies.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Sub dividing the General Discussion

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:12 pm

We'll think about this. For now, I think the best way to handle alternative topics is to create a new topic under the general discussion. I may try to move some of these posts to their own topic.
Owen

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

New Archive Forum

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:03 pm

There will soon be a new Archive Forum.

We just noticed that some of our best discussions have been "pruned." Depending on the setting, if a post isn't replied to during a specified interval, the system deletes it.

Big sigh.

The new Archive forum will contain our "best" posts, hopefully for posterity. We'll use backups to restore some of the great older posts (e.g. the paleolithic diet) and you can nominate posts for the archive - so we won't have to keep repeating ourselves!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#11  Post by Dolev » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:16 pm

I have not been able to succeed in activating automatic login. This would be very convenient. Do others have this problem?
Dolev

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by DanSco » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 pm

No automatic login for me either.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

johnor

No autologin

Post Number:#13  Post by johnor » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:30 pm

I am in the wanna be autologoner club. But it doesn't work. :cry:

J.Lilinoe

ME TOO

Post Number:#14  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:47 pm

No auto log on for me either. :roll:

Josie

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

auto log on

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:34 am

I have made a cursory search through the user configuration information, and I don't see any option to turn autologon on or off. There is a new version of the Forum available, which I will attempt to upgrade over the weekend.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”