CAN Iv-c hurt you?

Discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderator: ofonorow

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CAN Iv-c hurt you?

Post Number:#1  Post by zarfas » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 am

Some places that offer IV-C want $ 600 worth of blood tests before doing IV-C

why?
can IV-C hurt you?

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: CAN Iv-c hurt you?

Post Number:#2  Post by OxC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:13 pm

zarfas wrote:Some places that offer IV-C want $ 600 worth of blood tests before doing IV-C

why?
can IV-C hurt you?

The most common test is for G6PD deficiency (the test measures the activity of this enzyme in the red blood cells). There are extremely rare reports where IVC has resulted in intravascular hemolysis in some persons with G6PD deficiency. And although it is extremely rare, intravascular hemolysis is a serious matter as it can result in kidney failure or even death. Therefore many practitioners will not administer IVC to a person with G6PD deficiency.

I don't think the cost of this one lab test is anywhere close to $600, however. I assume other tests are discretionary and may be unrelated to the safety of administering IVC.
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: CAN Iv-c hurt you?

Post Number:#3  Post by Jacquie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm

What OxC said. Also, if you are already in kidney failure, some doctors worry that IVC can cause problems since the kidneys wouldn't be able to clear the high C blood levels very well. I have no idea if there is any merit to this worry, but I've heard doctors recommend not giving large amounts of IVC to people in kidney failure. So it's possible some of the lab tests are checking for kidney function. This is way too uptight in my opinion. Anyone with kidney failure severe enough to have any risk from IVC would be unlikely not to already know it!

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”