It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 pm

Lypo vitamin C and neuralgia 

Post Lypo vitamin C and neuralgia
Hi Folks

I enjoyed taking Livon Labs lypo for about 9 mos. Initially, i took it to stop Molluscum contagiosum which it did. I noticed great stamina, adrenaline brain rush, clear minded and found to get little sleep. I really loved it, i thought it was a wonder drug. About 7 months, i slip and felt on my tailbone. At that time, i took massive dosages about 10 per day. A week later, xrays & MRI showed no damage or herniation. I thought vitamin c cured my back too.. I went about my life, working at my office, sitting 16 hrs a day with breaks in between. Recently, after coming back from family trip 2 weeks ago, i started to feel tingling, numbness, electric shocks, needles on several parts of both feet. I thought it was a disc herniation or else. Neurologist doesnt think so after a regular checkup and blood test. He thinks is neuralgia. At that moment, i stopped all vitamin C and somehow my symptoms have gone down drastically.. They havent gone away completely but i dont feel deep electric shocks but tingling instead. I know I shouldnt rule out my back. I plan to convince my doc for a follow-up MRI even though neurologist says disc herniation will appear right after the fall, they dont build up/appear over 7 months. He thinks i damaged the nerve somewhere. If this is the case, which i pray is not.. Why does vitamin c increase these neuralgia symptoms? can vitamin C enter the brain and cause a chemical imbalance? my blood test, uric levels seems normal. I can post it if i can.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 pm
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Re: Lypo vitamin C and neuralgia
There is no clinical correlation between VC intake & increased or any susceptibility to Neuralgias.

It could be a mere coincidence. May be in this VC off period your posture or diet wasn't containing other required elements.

Try using Glutathione, NAC & Bs.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:42 pm
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

I experienced the similar thing on hands. I started to suspect its about vitamin C.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 am
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Sounds a lot like peripheral neuropathy. C isn't known to exacerbate that, however. Don't some degenerative nerve diseases present like that too?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:16 pm
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Vitamin C has been known to "wake up" a sleepy immune system, leading to additional symptoms (e.g. cold sores) as the body recognizes antagonists.

You might consider trying a vitamin B12 patch (b12patch.com) to find out whether the symptoms are caused by a B12 deficiency (If you have pernicious anemia you will have to have B12 shots - or use the skin patches.) I am told you will know almost immediately if this is the problem/solution.

Now my own recent experience with diabetic neuropathy has provided new knowledge that the problem is caused by too much glucose in the long-nerve cells in the feet. These cells are not insulin dependent and high levels of glucose in the blood will lead to the issue as too much glucose gets into these cells. Obvious first question, have you taken your blood sugar, and what is it?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Diabetic neuropathy:
B12/B6/folic acid/ALA/myoinositol/acetyl l carnitine
Example of a Diabetic supplementation as per Dr Saul
Vitamin C, mixed with mixed bioflavinoids 1-8g
Vitamin E complex, mixed 500-1000IU
Vitamin B complex
Niacinamide B3 500-2000mg
Pyridoxine B6 100-300mg