The General Discussion Overview

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

auto log on

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:35 am

I have made a cursory search through the user configuration information, and I don't see any option to turn autologon on or off. There is a new version of the Forum available, which I will attempt to upgrade over the weekend.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ken_RN

Autologin Failure is a Known Problem on phpBB

Post Number:#17  Post by Ken_RN » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:22 am

It seems that the failure of the autologin feature in recent versions of phpBB is a known problem. There is an 11-page long thread at the phpBB support forum about it which starts in November and is still active now. There seems to be no clear resolution of it yet.

Registration problems

Post Number:#18  Post by Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Hi,

I registered as Csi4me and never got a confirmation email at the address I specified. Can someone either validate my account or delete it so I can try registering again? I'm not quite sure what happened, I believe when I submitted the registration request it just put me back at the same page with no errors. Now it says the account & email are already in use. (I have never registered here before)

Thanks.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Registration problems

Post Number:#19  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:27 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

I registered as Csi4me and never got a confirmation email at the address I specified. Can someone either validate my account or delete it so I can try registering again? I'm not quite sure what happened, I believe when I submitted the registration request it just put me back at the same page with no errors. Now it says the account & email are already in use. (I have never registered here before)

Thanks.

I found a cis4me - the si and is inverted. I activated that user. send ofonorow a private message if you have further problems.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Registration Now Required to Post

Post Number:#20  Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:35 am

Everyone will have to login before posting.

The spam advertisements tipped the balance in favor of registration.

If you are having problems logging in, you will have to send me email to reset your password.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Personal Abuse

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 15, 2006 7:17 am

The private message feature is ideal for personal debates or discussions the entire forum has no need to be subjected to.[/b]
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Losing Posts

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:49 pm

I've lost two posts today. Something is wrong. Might be a good idea to keep your posts in MSWORD - just in case until we move. (Maybe the ISP did a "restore from backup", I don't know)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Dottore

Post Number:#23  Post by Dottore » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:14 am

Did I miss something? It seems that I have been demoted in the number of stars.
Others have as well.
What exactly is the rationale.
I don't see myself as an enthusiast anymore but await your answer.
Dottore

Ken_RN

Re: Downgraded Rank

Post Number:#24  Post by Ken_RN » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 am

Dottore wrote:Did I miss something? It seems that I have been demoted in the number of stars.
Others have as well.
What exactly is the rationale.
I don't see myself as an enthusiast anymore but await your answer.
Dottore

Everybody was downgraded because Owen changed the forum setting which "promotes" users based on number of posts. He increased the number of posts required to achieve each rank. He posted an explanation of this somewhere in the forum when he did it - it was sometime around the same time as the server move - perhaps the post got lost in the move because I can't find it now.

J.Lilinoe

downgraded

Post Number:#25  Post by J.Lilinoe » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:24 am

I liked the downgrade and hope that I remain an enthusiast as I was cerainly not an expert.[/i]

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Downgrade

Post Number:#26  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:46 am

Thank you Ken. Yes, we doubled the number of posts required to achieve the next participation "rank". That post was lost when we restored from June 16th. We have also created the rank of 'Vitamin C Student" at a member's request, so if you want this static rank, send me a Private Message.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Catherine in Chicago

Could only register with IE. Ugh.

Post Number:#27  Post by Catherine in Chicago » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:37 pm

After two attempts to register with Firefox's popup blocker off, trying IE worked. It may be a shortcoming of the custom theme in the Firefox browser. A suggestion on the registration page to try IE if Firefox doesn't work might reduce registration difficulties.

Jan

Spam topics

Post Number:#28  Post by Jan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Is it possible to get a fuction where new users' posts must be approved the first day, the first three days or so? That might reduce the problem of spam topics.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Requires Moderators

Post Number:#29  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:10 am

We could require moderators to approve posts - but we have resisted that, and usually can clean up the "spam' within 24 hours anyway. Also, we'd need volunteers to moderate
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Login issues since change to new server.

Post Number:#30  Post by Cis4me » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:32 am

Hello,

I've noticed during the past couple of weeks or so that I the first login attempt I make appears to succed, but when I look at the top of the page or try to post it says I'm not logged in. I then attempt to log in again which works sucessfully and everything seems ok other than unread posts are not highlighted. It seems like this might be a bug in phpBB. I log in manually and do not use auto-login. Has anyone else seen this issue? I think it may have started just after the server move.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”