Uric Acid/Gout & Vit C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

freeman

Uric Acid/Gout & Vit C

Post Number:#1  Post by freeman » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:19 pm

I have high levels of uric acid in my blood and have been prescribed Allopurinal (Zyloprim) tabs 300mg.
These have slightly eased the pain of the all over body gout, however, Vit C 3 x1000 per day is also giving additional relief.

I have noticed in the information provided with the Zyloprim that it advises that I should not be taking Vit C.

I would appreciate your comments on taking Vit c with this acid blocking drug (Zyloprim). I did look in the archives but found no matches.

I have had this severe uric acid for over 17 years and housebound for the last 4 due to the all over body pain, so feel that the acid has penetrated deep in the cells. Diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue and Fibro has delayed any relief which I believe I will get from high dose Vit C and would like to increase the doseage of Vit C. or even undertake some intravenous action to 'hurry up' the neutralising benefits after such a long time. I also take thyroid hormone replacement (4Grains of Armour containing both T3 and T4)

Thank you for your time in responding

jennyfreeman

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Uric Acid/Gout & Vit C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 am

I am not familiar with the drug, but if you want to post the verbage, we can try to analyze the warning. In my case, "gouty" arthritis cleared up after adopting the Pauling regimen described in HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, e.g. high vitamin A, E, B-complex as well as high vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

freeman

Post Number:#3  Post by freeman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Greetings,

I would much prefer to use Vit C and am contacting a Dr Michael Tait from Queensland Australia, who has in the past offered IV VIt C treatment for Cancer patients.
Unfortunately he has been subject to Govt interference and is no longer offering the iv Vit C for cancer patients, so I am sorry we cant add him to your directory of docs.

I have read that Vit C neutralises acid and wondering if the IV Vit C will be the best way to go - I do hope it will solve this problem and give me back my life.

I have copied and pasted the following from http://www.drugs.com/pdr/zyloprim.html.

Possible food and drug interactions when taking Zyloprim

If Zyloprim is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered. It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Zyloprim with the following:

Amoxicillin (Amoxil, Trimox, Wymox)
Ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen)
Azathioprine (Imuran)
Blood thinners such as Coumadin
Cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral)
Drugs for diabetes, such as Diabinese and Orinase
Mercaptopurine (Purinethol)
Probenecid (Benemid, ColBENEMID)
Sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)
Theophylline (Theo-Dur, Slo-Phyllin, and others)
Thiazide diuretics such as HydroDIURIL, Diuril, and others
Vitamin C

To add to the mix - whenever I take iron, Vit C (3 x 1000mg per day) or some other types of supplements, after just a few days I start to get frontal headaches which I 'think' must be because I have trouble absorbing things at a cellular level - this is an assumption - but is an ongoing problem. I took zinc drops every day for 10 months and high quality magnesium
for two years (no headaches) only to find a hair analysis saying they were ultra low......................mercury registered in the hair and I have had all amalgams removed 2 at a time (total 8) 6 months ago

I will speak with Dr Tait when he returns from the christmas break, then I can work out whether to go the IV way or order some product from your website

I appreciate your help and guidence - many thanks and sorry to be so long winded.

jennyfreeman, Australia

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:12 am

Interesting, I found this from the link:
You should avoid taking large doses of vitamin C because of the increased possibility of kidney stone formation.

If that is the only problem, you do not have to worry, but you should monitor your urine pH. Kidney stones form in either acidic or alkaline urine, and if you keep your urine pH neutral, say by adding some baking soda to your vitamin C, or taking vitamin C as sodium ascorbate, the possibility of stones is reduced. For the class of stones that form in alkaline urine, vitamin C as ascorbic acid is a treatment and will help prevent these stones. In any case, drink plenty of water, to further reduce the risk of stones forming.

By the way, I am not sure why you felt the need to supplement iron, but that may be the cause of the headaches. Generally, minerals can be much more problematic than vitamins.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

freeman

Post Number:#5  Post by freeman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Greetings and Happy New Year

To continue on from my previous posts.

My wonderful doctor, who as it turns out used to give IV Vit C for cancer 10 years ago before she almost got 'struck off'
is happy to apply IV Vic C. to me to help with the high uric acid. I am currently taking 1000mg x 3 oral tabs of abscorbic acid and it does dull the all over body pain a little.

She was accidently 'sprung' by a patient 10 years ago when the oncologist wanted to know why the cancer patient hadnt returned for treatment and what doc had treated them - that the cancer was gone didnt seem to be taken into consideration !!!!!

When she used to undertake this procedure she used 10,000 of Vit C and she has encouraged me to ask you if there has been any updates/changes etc in the last 10 years that she should know about with regard to this ie: is 10,000 still OK mixed with saline. and if you wouldnt mind advising what is the ratio now.

We are doing kidney tests both blood and urine before undertaking this protocol and she is easily able to obtain the Vit C @ 10,000 iv unit. I do not have high iron or sickle cell

Your guidence and advice would be appreciated

Many thanks
jenny

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:49 am

When she used to undertake this procedure she used 10,000 of Vit C and she has encouraged me to ask you if there has been any updates/changes etc in the last 10 years that she should know about with regard to this ie: is 10,000 still OK mixed with saline. and if you wouldnt mind advising what is the ratio now.

Sounds like you are lucky to have found an enlightened doc! 10,000 sounds a little low, as you can take that much orally with more effect. We just posted the Cathcart videos on Intravenous Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate) administration as Windows Media Files. See
vitamincfoundation.org/videos and go to the Cathcart section. Takes about 10-20 minutes per video. Should answer her questions.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”