Research backs theory that vitamin C shrinks tumours

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

kilgore65

Research backs theory that vitamin C shrinks tumours

Post Number:#1  Post by kilgore65 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:50 pm

New research suggesting that vitamin C can be effective in curing cancer will renew interest in the "alternative" treatment for the terminal disease.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 71757.html

KatRNC

Re: Research backs theory that vitamin C shrinks tumours

Post Number:#2  Post by KatRNC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:34 am

That link led to an article that's 2 yrs old. Guess it didn't spark any real interest.

I keep searching for published results from Jeanne Drisko and the folks in Montreal, but so far I can't find any.

nps

Post Number:#3  Post by nps » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:31 am

Dr. Jeanne Drisko is working at university of Kansas-alternative treatment vitamin C. I spoke to her assistant 3 weeks ago and they will only recommend intravenous vitamin C treatment in conjunction with other allopathic (chemo,radiation,surgery) and not as the only treatment.

Cancer Center of America is currently doing a clinical trial on follicular lymphoma using Intravenous vitamin C. I spoke to Brian about it #800.204.8900 x 6445. They are looking for people with follicular lymphoma. If we did not find this doctor in florida who is doing I.V. C. we would be at their institute in Chicago for the 1 week treatment continuous treatment.

So far, my husband is doing pretty good with the I.V. C.treatment. He already lost the lumps on his arm pits and groin area. The pesky one on the neck is still there but getting smaller and soft. The one underneath the jaw is almost gone. The biggest one on his belly - the size of a basketball is getting smaller - lost about 2 inches. and is getting softer. we'll just have to be patient about it and not get stressed out with the cancer! He is also on a strict diet of vegetables and seafoods only. All sugar, artificial sweetener, preservatives, carbohydrates -nobread, potatoes,etc, junk food, alcohol, beer, even bottled fruit juices are out of his diet due to sugar. However is is allowed to get a few tablespoons of whole brown rice. Meat is not allowed due to hormones, and all the chemicals/drugs injected into the animals. Any enriched, processed food is also avoided such as cheese, bread-esp. white bread where they add sugar and folic acid to it!

I also read folic acid -another human-made synthetic form of folate (which is naturally available in vegetables, grain, nuts) is definitely a No-No as it promotes cancer cell growth! Folic acid is easily absorbed by the body as compared to the natural folate! I think whatever is causing these forms of illness and cancer is basically man-made induced or synthetic stuff!

nps

Post Number:#4  Post by nps » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 am

fyi too. I also spoke to these organization.

http://brightspot.org/cresearch/intravenousc2.shtml

I really don't know what is going on! There is something that is keeping this I.V. vitamin c treatment for cancer from the public. I know for sure the big pharma has no interest in this as there is no big income involved should this treatment become officially and publicly announced to be successful in treating cancer patient. Just like what I have mentioned in my previous post, The univ. of Kansas cancer treatment clinical trials and alternative medicine are not pushing for this I.V. vitamin as the sole and only treatment, but they are willing to fax your doctor the protocol.

http://integrativemed.kumc.edu/patientfaqs.htm

The worse thing about chemo and radiation is the cost! I know a friend who spent $350,000.00 on the leukemia cancer treatment- that's only for one treatment!. He is alive now, but is penniless, no home, divorced, indigent and on welfare, can't get insurance, have a hard time getting medicare coverage. Is that the life I want to live in?

If I ever get cancer, and I'm supposed to die, I'd rather die than let the members of my family suffer in poverty, headache and never-ending bill collection. If God really meant to be that way, to have an early death, I will accept it whole-heartedly!It will be a lot of crying, but I have to accept the reality of life!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:04 am

Thank you for your posting and all your research. One thing I noticed was the reason for avoiding meats. You can purchase organic meet which is guaranteed to be hormone and antibiotic free.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Post Number:#6  Post by godsilove » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:16 pm

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul ... _s=&lup_e=

There are currently five ongoing trials with IV ascorbic acid in the US. Contact details and information can be found in the Clinicaltrials.gov database. They are all still in Phase I or Phase II trials. Three of these five ongoing trials are investigating ascorbic acid in combination with arsenic trioxide for hematological cancers.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:44 am

arsenic trioxide

? What?? Is this to guarantee failure???
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nps

Post Number:#8  Post by nps » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Very interesting when the big pharma and gov. do their things with experimentation. My biggest problem with researching about intravenous vitamin c and other alternative cancer medication is the "lack of collaboration" or the "scared" attitude among doctors, lack of follow-up or some attitude I cannot explain.

Before we decided to go for intravenous vitamin c, I have done a lot of research about it. People have different opinion, they have their own protocol to follow and recommend. They have stuff they need to promote. But when I start asking about efficacy , how many cancer patients they have treated successfully using their protocol, and statistics, suddenly they clamp their mouth shut, telling me nothing is guaranteed, due to privacy, we can't discuss other patients' result, etc...

I was not asking for names or private info, just want some statistics and results. I had my doubts about all cancer treatment, but I know change of diet to vegetables and selected fruits will matter when it comes to controlling cancer growth. Of course we would have not done or known about IV. C if we did not talk to this friend who had I.V.C to cure his 20mm prostate tumor that is now in remission for years.

Also, institution, clinics and doctors do not seem to be interested in discussing what worked with their cancer patients, especially if you are not one of their patient. I must have interviewed several clinics, doctors and institution all over the country who are doing intravenous vitamin c and modified diet and yet I could not get "definite "answers on statistics/result... such as how many were cured, what type of cancer, how many died, survival rate, etc. But they will tell you to make an appointment and they will diagnose and give you a type of treatment/cure. I'm not trying to get free stuff, as we already have spent thousands on alternative medicine, pills, lab tests, mri,etc. to find a "cure". I just want some definite answers.

However, I am glad there is such thing as forum like this, where cancer patients, people and organization are willing to share their experience. I guess, when it comes to cancer cure--it is either a hit or miss-- kind of treatment. Some are lucky, some are not. I also find cancer to be a draining disease, not only to cancer patients but also to the people around them! I'm kind of getting frustrated, completely exhausted and irritated with the whole cancer thing! Sometimes, I just want to clobber my husband's head just to wake him up and stop complaining about the whole thing... "food sucks, I can't eat hotdog, pizza or ice cream, not even cheese or cookies!" If he only listened to me long time ago. Sorry for venting, I'm just going crazy and almost want to drop dead from everything that is happening!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:47 am

There are several themes in the cancer story, and you might get the best handle on it by starting at the beginning - with John Beard in the early 1900s. We have posted his 1911 cancer book online here: http://vitamincfoundation.org/beard/

The essence of this story is that as a human grows from a zygote to a fetus to a baby, some undifferentiated cells are spread throughout the body. During this rapid cell division, some cells become the placenta - which exhibits almost all the characteristics of aggressive cancers. Beard holds these stem-like trophoblast cells responsible, he called them "germ cells", for the false pregnancies. He claimed that these types of cells are imperfectly spread throughout the body during the rapid growth of the fetus. After an estrogen signal, say from an injury and which usually starts a healing process, these germ cells begin growing (false placentas) into what medicine calls cancer.

Beard's great and unheralded discovery is that the pancreas produces substances that control the growth of the placenta, and he reasoned, cancers. (He noted that when the fetus is missing, say after certain abortions and other defects, the placenta does not stop growing causing the placenta to grow into a virulent and deadly cancer.)

He isolated the primary substance to be trypsin - a protein digesting enzyme - that when present controls the growth of placentas (and cancers in general). The book details the successful treatment of several individuals, and the problems in the early 1900s with replicating his work. Politics in medicine was alive and well even back then. (Beard was an embryologist - not a medical doctor.)

So there are two issues - killing the "false placenta" (cancer) that is growing, and preventing more growths. While trypsin (especially when combined with the carbohydrate digestive enzyme as described in Beard's book) will work via injection (and Mexican clinics provide trypsin IV and claim 100% cure rates), massive amounts are apparently required orally, e.g. 45000 mg daily (45 grams) of digestive enzymes.
Other modes of killing the false placenta include increasing the oxygen level inside the tumor, and this is apparently how IVC, the oxygen therapies, and even the Budwig cottage cheese/flaxseed protocols work. Early work (including a Nobel prize) discovered that cancer cells obtain energy via fermentation, and feed on sugars, etc. They are anerobic, meaning they cannot generally tolerate oxygen.

The cesium chloride protocol operates by yet another mechanism, which seems to deprive cancer cells of life quickly, and painlessly. The problem with this, and perhaps other quick cancer killers is that the toxic remains of the tumor must be filtered by the liver. This is why Gonzalez uses "coffee enemas" and why I think it is extremely prudent to be taking Milk Thistle during these treatments. Ideally, the tumor would be shrunk at a rather slow pace, a pace the liver can handle, and the pressure would be maintained until every last cell is killed (so that that hardest to kill cells don't make copies of themselves.) This is why the Rath Vitamin C/Lysine/Proline/ECGC protocol is attractive. This protocol apparently halts the growth, by inactivating the trypsin-like enzyme released by the cancer (which allows it to dissolve adjoining normal tissue). The Rath protocol does not digest the tumor, and eventually it calcifies in place.

But to prevent future growths - future germ cells from turning into false placentas - we must return to Beard's theory - and that means you need the pancreatic enzymes. I speculated in my overview article, http://internetwks.com/owen/CancerCure.htm that cesium may be used in lieu of very large amounts of pancreatic enzymes, perhaps every six or 12 months to rid the body of any growths. Otherwise the expense is prohibitive (over $2000/month for the recommended dosages of these enzymes). Another approach would be to improve the health of the pancreas so that it again begins generating trypsin and other enzymes. (This may be one reason high CoQ10 has apparently caused cancers to regress - the pancreas tissue has some of the highest concentrations of CoQ10 of any tissue, it is not muscle like the heart, and this may explain the higher incidence of cancer among those on cholesterol-lowering statin drugs. These drugs inhibit the production of CoQ10.)

I have generally found CancerTutor.com to be an excellent web site on the various protocols and the proper way to use them.

Your frustrating experience is what happens when "unproven" methods come head to head with a multi-billion dollar "cancer industry." It is little different from what happens w/r to heart disease, except that in the case of heart disease, there was a Nobel prize winning scientist who suggested a cure based on a complete theory. Yet even this is not enough to get his protocol tested/published - even once!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

godsilove

Post Number:#10  Post by godsilove » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:26 pm

ofonorow wrote:
arsenic trioxide

? What?? Is this to guarantee failure???

No, it's actually used as a treatment for certain hematological cancers if the patient doesn't respond to other less toxic treatments. It triggers apoptosis in cancer cells, and it can bring about complete remissions in patients who have relapsed:
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/339/19/1341

Interestingly, arsenic trioxide has been used in traditional Chinese medicine.

Anyway, the decision to use a combination of arsenic trioxide and ascorbic acid is based on preclinical studies that have shown that ascorbate potentiates the cytotoxic effect of arsenic trioxide (e.g. see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1146 ... d_RVDocSum)

There are actually quite a few phase I and II trials that have been done using this combination, so it looks quite promising.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:19 am

This is how the medical mind seems to work. Because anyone can purchase vitamin C, alpha-lipoic acid, and/or vitamin K3, these "orthomolecular" substances are of no "use" to medical professionals and it is not worth the expense and effort to study them.

However, given this highly toxic substance (eg. arsenic trioxide), which only doctors should/would be allowed to administer, this now becomes a legitimate area for research.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

nps

Post Number:#12  Post by nps » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that even though intravenous vitamin C shrinks tumor, there is still a chance that it will not work for aggressive cancer. Also I would like to let you know that it was a weak treatment for stage III indolent follicular lymphoma. My husband passed away this monday with kidney failure,diabetis, low blood pressure, weak heart and succumbed to cardiac arrest. It was the most horrible situation I have ever been!

Just for tips to everybody. Renal failure sign is getting pale to the point of being white, swelling of extremities, going from purple to white. Also I would advice people admitted in the hospital to not take any type of sleeping pills. My husband was given restoril 15mg so he can sleep- a very big mistake esp. fo his fragile condition. The nurse also added a bottle of humidifier to keep it moist. He slept well but he started sweating profusely 3 hours later. This sweating is like a waterfall! I called the nurse and he said everything is normal, but if this is a side effect, this is the first case. The soles of his feet were showing some 2nd degree burn. At 5am, he woke up and I called the nurse.He woke up groggy and the nurse told me it is just residual of the sleeping pills. A few minutes later, he woke up agitated and was telling me something was wrong in a garbled way. Something fast! I could barely understand what he was saying. He could barely use his tongue like it was paralyzed. While the nurse and doctor was checking him up and all the monitors, I started asking him to do some stuff to keep him awake. He was mentally capable of answering all questions. I asked him to nod or give me a signal. I ask him if he is not getting oxygen, He nodded and pulled the oxygen hose and tested it, nothing is coming out. I told the nurse/doctor, but they said there is oxygen coming out of the hose, but since I am inexperienced, I'm not feeling it. He started drifting to unconsciousness and I tried waking him up and he would wake up. They decided to intubate him so he can breathe. and they also sedated him as he was struggling and screaming at them to stop it, they're killing him. When he was unconscious, his blood pressure was fluctuating. I called the nurse (from India), but they would not do anything about it and told me to go back and wait! They finally came and just said, everything seems to be working. He started to experience cardiac arrest, good thing, one of the nurse who happened to be passing by (not from India), acted immediately and turned on the light and started resuscitating my husband. But there was a lapse of 4 sec for the brain to be deprived of oxygen. The heart started pumping immediately, while they were putting all this medication on him. He suffered another cardiac arrests and got him back again. The head of the resuscitation team was screaming at the indian nurses for carelessness of not turning on the emergency light so the team could be there on time. It was so disgusting. Later I found out based on other people's experience -the most horrible nurses are coming from India while one of the best ones are from the Philippines. They're caring and very compassionate nurses.

After all these episodes, the attending doctors told us that if another cardiac arrest will happen, he may not make it, plus the problem with the brain not getting any oxygen. They also found his heart was partially collapse and suffering from total kidney failure. They did the balloon thing for the heart and was able to get the heart pumping. Once the blood pressure is stabilized, they wanted to do dialysis, but they could never get the blood pressure up and it keeps on falling down. At about 2350 hrs, the attending physician decided to have a talk with us and she said my husband is clinically dead and there was no sign of life in the body! It was probably the most horrible decision I have to make. I could not do it to our dog Other-One who passed away last year and I had to ask Craig to make a decision-- It felt like dejavue all over again. Except that there was no Craig around to make that decision for me! In the end, I had to make a decision for myself. It was tough.

Some tips here! Never take any sedative or sleeping pills,- it makes the brain sleepy and cannot watch for physical problem. Always have a blood thinner should there by any operation involved or other procedure. Drenching sweat like waterfall (just as what happened here) is a sign of cardiac arrest and notify the doctor/nurse immediately. My father was rushed to the hospital due to chest pain. He later started sweating like waterfall and had cardiac arrest and never recovered from it!

Also as for follicular lymphoma, there is alternative to R-CHOP, here's the link:

http://www.mdanderson.org/departments/n ... 508b603a14

Return to “Clinical Studies”