Swine Flu

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

Metathresh

Swine Flu

Post Number:#1  Post by Metathresh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:01 pm

What do you guys think of ascorbate megadosing your way through the new swine flu? Do you think it would work? I've read somewhere that vitamin C can prevent death from West Nile Virus, I wonder if this is true and if the same applies to this deadly H1N1 strain of the swine virus.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Swine Flu

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:11 am

Well if you can't find someone to administer IV, maybe it is time to stock up on LYpo-C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:50 am

http://www.newswithviews.com/Tenpenny/sherri121.htm
SWINE FLU IN MEXICO: THE "NEW" BIRD FLU

This is really an excellent article, especially the advice on vitamin D3, C and A given at the bottom.

Staying Healthy

Certainly, keeping yourself healthy and protected from all types of flu strains is a priority, now more than ever. Here are some suggestions:

• Vitamin D: Much has been written on the importance of adequate vitamin D for resisting viral infections. Have your blood tested for 25-OH-vitamin D. Your doctor can order it or you can order it yourself through sites such as http://www.DirectLabs.com and http://www.LabSafe.com Your vitamin D level should be at least 50 ng/ml. It is safe to take at least 2000 IU of vitamin D3 per day. With summer coming, you can get your dose of D naturally from sunshine.
• Vitamin C: Humans don’t store vitamin C and under stress, much more is required. Vitamin C is important for fighting viral infections. Take in at least 2000 mg/day for overall immune health.
• Vitamin A: This vitamin is one of the best supporters you can have in your cabinet. Mycel A drops given in juice are easy to take for children and adults of all ages. By taking 5,000 IU/day for 5 days is safe for everyone and will give your immune system a protective boost against all types of viral infections.
• Good hydration with alkaline water: If you don’t have access to an alkaline water machine, be sure to eat large amounts of alkalinizing, fresh vegetables and fruits such as broccoli, carrots, sprouts, avocados and berries. Here is a site with a great list.
• Sleep: Get at least 8.5 hours per night, every night. Sleep is often overlooked at the key to health. This is simple to do and best of all, it is free.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 am

In addition to high dose vitamins C, D and A, don't forget to add zinc and selenium. Both have been shown to help the immune system.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Metathresh

Post Number:#5  Post by Metathresh » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 am

Interesting, I didn't know about Vitamin A's immune enhancing capabilities. I hope the swine flu doesn't turn into a pandemic-type infection. I don't have it (thank God), but I feel comfortable in knowing that if by some bad turn of luck, I somehow got infected, I could turn to the trusty Vitamin C (as well as A, D, Selenium, etc.).

dave7000

Post Number:#6  Post by dave7000 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:39 pm

When you try it yourself (at the first symptoms), at as low of a dose as "2 to 3 gm every 20
minutes" and see all the symptoms vanish you will be amazed.

You might even start thinking that the one account in Irwin Stone's book about Vitamin C curing
snake bite must be true too. Except that may have been IV, but I can't recollect right now.

It has to be the least riskiest, most powerful cure ever discovered.

--Dave Martin

dave7000

Post Number:#7  Post by dave7000 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:45 pm

On that last post, I should have made it clear I was talking about normal
flu symptoms yielding to the mighty Vitamin C from my own experience.
I have never had the swine flu.

But something that works that effectively should surely work on any other
strain of flu.

--Dave Martin

Metathresh

Post Number:#8  Post by Metathresh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:33 am

dave7000 wrote:On that last post, I should have made it clear I was talking about normal
flu symptoms yielding to the mighty Vitamin C from my own experience.
I have never had the swine flu.

But something that works that effectively should surely work on any other
strain of flu.

--Dave Martin

Yeah, I've tried the vitamin C "Cold Cure" of dosing every 20 minutes when I had a flu; it worked, but I did it on the second or third day and didn't get the full benefit because of that. The thing is, a regular flu is not like the swine or avian flu. I remember seeing a list of bowel tolerance of different diseases and I think the regular flu was somewhere like 30 g bowel tolerance and the avian flu was somewhere around 100-120 g bowel tolerance. In other words, you'd need a lot more vitamin C.

chimp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by chimp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

How can swine and other types of animals that produce their own vitamin C catch the flu in the first place?

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by Cis4me » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:07 am

How can swine and other types of animals that produce their own vitamin C catch the flu in the first place?

Because most animals can't produce the ascorbate at a fast enough rate. i.e. the disease/immune system are burning up the C at a much higher rate than the liver can produce it so extra ascorbate has to be provided from some other source during the worse phases of the disease.

The last time I had the flu (and the only time I've had it since supplementing vitamin c in sufficient amounts) it took me about 25-30 grams *per hour* for nearly 2 days while I was awake (nearly 3/4 of a pound in total).... a heck of a lot better than waiting around for a week for it to go away on its own....

aariel

Post Number:#11  Post by aariel » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Metathresh wrote:Interesting, I didn't know about Vitamin A's immune enhancing capabilities. I hope the swine flu doesn't turn into a pandemic-type infection. I don't have it (thank God), but I feel comfortable in knowing that if by some bad turn of luck, I somehow got infected, I could turn to the trusty Vitamin C (as well as A, D, Selenium, etc.).

Vitamin A is a much misunderstood vitamin. One of the best sources of information on vitamin A is:

http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrition/index.html.

Numerous deficiency studies have shown that vitamin A is essential to immune function.

Also, try searching pubmed for "influenza vitamin A", you'll be amazed.

-Paul

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”