First of all...thank you for the vitamin c foundation website..it is truly a gift to humanity.
I called in and had a question and was referred to you for you level of expertise. I hope you can help.
My sister had mercury poisoning from a silver amalgam that leached into her gumline. She went to Hal Huggins and has made a trememdous recovery. However, she still has some pain when she wakes up in the morning do to re=idual mercury being detoxed during her sleep. When she takes the lypospheric vitamin c upon waking she is fine within an hour.
However..do you know of any time released vitamin c that will stay in yours ystem overnight..or at least a much longer time...so that she doesn't have to wake up in pain every morning? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Once again..thank you for the website..I'm sure you have touched thousands of lives and many never get the chance to say thank you. Thank you for your time.
I am sorry that your sister was poisoned, but I am glad she found relief. Your account of the benefit of vitamin C w/r mercury poisoiningis very interesting.
(I am sure you have googled for other methods of mercury detox,including hot saunas, etc.)
The half life of vitamin C in the blood stream is 30 minutes, meaning the more she takes, the longer it will last. If she can tolerate a large amount before bed time, the vitamin will remain in her system 8-12 hours. By large, I mean 9000 to 10,000 mg. If this dose is too large, find a dose she can tolerate, and then add 1 or 2 packets of Lypo-C before bed.
I suspect this approach will work better than a time released capsule, but you can experiment with both.