No infection required

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

No infection required

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm

I had seen Cathcart's entry for "burn, injury, surgery" in http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm, but before yesterday it did not really register with me personally. Apparently, high bowel tolerances are related to the action of the immune system, not the infectious agent (which of course stimulates the immune response.)

Here is the story (And Bro - if you are learning about this from reading this post - sorry, you have enough to worry about)

Wed night the western chicago area had an ice storm. I was at the top of concrete steps in front of my home, first step, no friction, and wound up at the bottom of the stairs, the fall only seemed to crack or bruise a rib in my lower back.

Anyone who has had a cracked rib will know that your entire life then revolves around not coughing, so I began taking 500 mg vitamin C almost constantly for the antihistimine effect. I only took 500s - let them melt in my mouth - fearing I would quickly approach bowel tolerance. (Kept my normal 20 g intake going too.)

We'll I finally coughed anyway, heard/felt a crunch, called the doctor, they recommended emergency room and off I went, again all the while (5 hours!?! - over 50 people had fallen and gone to the ER, broken legs, arms, cracked knee caps, etc. Like a battle zone.) having a 500 mg C melting in my mouth. (Interesting, they took a chest Xray, and ignored my lower back. Turns out there is no treatment for bruised or cracked ribs. So while there was some peace of mind, I basically sat there for five hours for a tylenol with a little coudine.

So come late last night, over 24 hours. No gas, much less diarrhea. In fact, I was and still am constipated. I hadn't been keeping track, but I had a 500 tablet in my mouth all day. Probably at least another 50 grams, so 70 grams. (I notice Catchart's table lists the range 150+) Really amazing.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: No infection required

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident hope by now your starting to get used to the discomfort.
I'm sure the docs told you about limiting activities. The possibilities for a pneumothorax lasts about 2-3 weeks so be careful.
Allow me to introduce you to "Sports Creme" it's a salicylate so use it only in moderation and only for as long as pain is there. It smells good and works great! You can get it at wally mart about $5.00. No I don't work for them but it's standard equiptment in my medicine cabinet.
Anyway this will give you a good opportunity to see how good your body C levels really are the object is "No Black and Blue!" Just rose red!Good Luck

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks for the pointer. Feels like a hole has been burned into my lower back, so I'll try it. Still taking C round-the-clock without hitting bowel tolerance!?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 am

This experience stimulated by neurons. If any person with a cracked rib contracted pnuemonia, it would be excruciating - the coughing. Since medicine has no treatment, why isn't it routine to advise such patients to take round-the-clock vitamin C? No tolerance issues. Speeds healing. Improve immune function. Reduce coughing and chance for infection. Seems like a no-brainer and there is no logical reason (except to wait for studies. However, even if it didn't work, where is the harm, especially considering the risk and possible torture of not treating with ascorbate?)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”