Ginter: High Vitamin C Lowers Elevated Cholesterol

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Ginter: High Vitamin C Lowers Elevated Cholesterol

Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:40 pm

Last edited by ofonorow on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Ginter: High Vitamin C Lows Elevated Cholesterol

Post by Dolev » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:51 am

Thank you. Wow!
Dolev

davids

Re: Ginter: High Vitamin C Lowers Elevated Cholesterol

Post by davids » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:38 am

ofonorow wrote:If you made it this far, apparently all the work with guinea pigs produced an unexpected result. Some do in fact make their own vitamin C!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_DocSum
Ascorbic acid synthesis in certain guinea pigs.

Ginter E.

Ginter wrote:Three guinea pigs fed a vitamin C-free diet manifested no symptoms of scurvy even after 4-8 months, normally increased in body weight and excreted quantities of ascorbic acid in urine far exceeding the total body pool of ascorbic acid. The course of healing subsequent to experimental trauma in one of these animals proved to be entirely normal and vitamin C concentration in its liver after 8 months of a scorbutogenic regimen was found to be more than twice that in guinea pigs with a daily intake of 10 mg ascorbic acid. It is evident that certain guinea pigs are capable to synthesize ascorbic acid that fully covers the needs of the organism. However, the freqency of occurence of such guinea pigs appears to be extremely small.

Owen,

Wow! I wonder if some people also have that ability? It would go a long way to explaining the tremendous differences in "bowel tolerance" in people.

David

VanCanada

Post by VanCanada » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm

:!: Bump :!:

High Sierra Medical
Contributor
Contributor

Post by High Sierra Medical » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Well, as a medical practitioner, I was taken by surprise when after giving an infusion of 30,000 mg Vitamin C, he went and had blood drawn for another doctor. When he showed me the results everything was within normal limits except total cholesterol which was ZERO !

Makes me wonder exactly where did the cholesterol go?

Return to “Clinical Studies”