Ascorbic Acid C is MUCH More Effective For Me

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

Wing

Ascorbic Acid C is MUCH More Effective For Me

Post Number:#1  Post by Wing » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:59 pm

I'd been taking Na Asc mostly for years, and needed to take a lot of it to get any bowel symptoms at all, like say 2-3 grams 4 or 5x a day. Then I got some Ascorbic Acid tablets and they didn't seem to have much effect, so I bought a pound of Ascorbic Acid powder and I find it a lot more effective. I took 1.5 grams of it 2 or 3 times today in water and am getting loose bowels, so I think I learned something about what form of Vit C I should take.

What's a bummer for me is that I had just bought a 3 pound jar of NOW brand Buffered C Na Asc for about $40. Anyone know what I could do with that? I think I'm going to keep using Asc Acid C. I have low stomach acid and I am at times too alkaline, so Asc Acid sounds like the way to go for me.

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Ascorbic Acid C is MUCH More Effective For Me

Post Number:#2  Post by Cis4me » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Try mixing them together and taking that, you might get a better effect with both than either alone which has always seemed to be the case for me. What I do is just add baking soda to the ascorbic acid to neutralize part of it.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:54 pm

FYI, Dr. Levy recommends using 4 grams of sodium ascorbate every 15 minutes until bowel tolerance is reached.

(Smart Life Forum - Los Altos, CA. Dr. Cathcart was sitting in the audience)

http://smartlifeforum.org/video/levy/index.htm

Cathcart preferred ascorbic acid for oral therapeutic use to treat disease. However it is not a problem to mix ascorbic acid with sodium ascorbate for daily supplementation. I have been doing so for decades.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Horsea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Horsea » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 am

Ralph Lotz wrote:FYI, Dr. Levy recommends using 4 grams of sodium ascorbate every 15 minutes until bowel tolerance is reached.

(Smart Life Forum - Los Altos, CA. Dr. Cathcart was sitting in the audience)

http://smartlifeforum.org/video/levy/index.htm

Cathcart preferred ascorbic acid for oral therapeutic use to treat disease. However it is not a problem to mix ascorbic acid with sodium ascorbate for daily supplementation. I have been doing so for decades.

I am trying to do my first Vitamin C Flush using Na Asc. I've taken lots but nothing is happening bowel-wise. My main symptom is bleeding gums when I brush my teeth. I don't have to brush hard to produce blood, so I suspect I am deficient in Vit. C. Also some tendency toward constipation even though I eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit every day. Also whole grains.

Instead of spending a whole bunch of money on another bottle of Na Asc, I heard that you can make your own by mixing Sodium Bicarbonate with plain Ascorbic Acid powder.

My question is: How much of each powder and what do you do to make the chemical reaction occur?

Many thanx!

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by skyorbit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:22 am

What do you mean by vit C flush?

Does your skin get red like a niacin flush?

Tracy

Horsea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Horsea » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:10 pm

A vitamin C flush (from what I've read in many articles) is where you take Vitamin C, 1/2 tsp every 45 minutes, until you get diarrhea. Apparently some people need as much as 20 grams.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:09 am

I am trying to do my first Vitamin C Flush using Na Asc. I've taken lots but nothing is happening bowel-wise. My main symptom is bleeding gums when I brush my teeth. I don't have to brush hard to produce blood, so I suspect I am deficient in Vit. C. Also some tendency toward constipation even though I eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit every day. Also whole grains.

You apparently require more vitamin C. What you are calling a C - Flush, we call Titrating to Bowel Tolerance http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm It does sound like you need to explore Cathcart's chart and figure out where your tolerance is. I think you should focus on ascorbic acid, using sodium as a buffer as necessary. Let us know what your tolerance is. (By the way, if you exceed tolerance by a great amount of vitamin C, then you will experience a bowel flush!)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Horsea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Horsea » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 am

Thank you (2 months late). I understand things better now.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”